Xpower tyre size change 235/40/18

powerfulx

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
So i am always chasing performance, old story. Dropping the side wall height on the xpower will change the gearing slightly and potentially get better acceleration, however i would also change to a performance tyre, even semi slick. I notice the stock tyres squirm about and most occasions TC helps out.

Dont get me wrong its already crazy fast.

This will of course impact other things like speedo, and potentially ADAS. It will also lower the car slightly and err make the guard gap even worse.

Im also waiting for either MG or aftermarket aero plates for the wheels, hides the orange callipers and increase long range to a degree.

Other options are under tray aero around the wheels, like my leaf has. Ride height of the x also impacts range to a degree.

On almost every car i buy, i remove stock suspension and replace with street coilovers.

MG went more for looks than eco , however would be nice to have more of both :)

all the effort probably not worth the cost nor the extra 2 mins at charger, but interested to know whats possible.

Very much Doubt you'll ever get Aero covers to fit the alloy wheels. If you really don't like the Orange caliper covers take them off or paint them. H&R lowering springs are now available for the X Power. 🙂👍

Very much Doubt you'll ever get Aero covers to fit the alloy wheels. If you really don't like the Orange caliper covers take them off or paint them. H&R lowering springs are now available for the X Power. 🙂👍
Ill probably wait on coils as i can adjust over time to where it handles best, but good to know those are avail

I got the dealer to take the calliper covers off before I collected the car. Could you simply switch to the standard mg4 wheels ? Would that achieve the same outcome ? Smaller, less resistance ? But would the bigger discs on the xpower fit ok ?

Hello Chris.

Thank you for your email.

Chris, I’m currently in conversation with Eibach UK, reference the MG4 as they are contemplating a Pro Kit for the chassis, which will not only give you better handling, but also a subtle lowering to enhance the looks of the car.

From past experience, H&R springs can be very hard and in turn you lose comfort from the ride quality, however Eibach do make all the springs with a progressive nature, meaning you don’t lose any comfort but added handling.

I would highly recommend Eibach, so if you could leave it with me for a couple of days, I will see if Eibach would like to go ahead. If not, we can supply the H&R etc.

I will be in touch.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom