Yay! A new fault! Radio doesn't work...

AnMgZsUser

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So very randomly the radio stopped playing any sound. You can still browse radio stations (or adjust the frequency on FM), but it's not picking up the station (neither audio nor the information data). Possibly related, possibly not, now when I start the car after a short pause the infotainment screen shows the error "U Disk Identity Failure" (or identify... I can't remember now). I can't find any information about this at all.

Will be taking it to the dealer maybe next week to "check things over and update the software".

Have you tried a system reboot- turn the car on, then (assuming you have a mk2) hold down the physical home button for 10 seconds- it may take a couple of tries.

The screen will go dark, then restart, et voila.

My radio keeps stopping and starting, losing signal in areas I usually have signal and changing input from radio to bluetooth... Car is going in to the dealers next week for them to look at that, the knocking from the steering column and the horrific screeching i get from the brakes when braking while going backwards (weird I know but only when going backwards)

Just an update on this (long overdue). When I took the car in, they said that the moment they connected the diagnostic computer it started working again, and couldn't find any faults.

Well, 2 months ago the radio stopped again, so I contacted the dealer and the car has gone back in today (yes, it was a 2 month wait while they waited for MG to give them recommendations) and they're going to apply all the software updates available (a brief look in the forums, I am expecting the car to be stuck in towing mode now...) which will undoubtedly fix it... but for how long...

I have exactly the same problem and error message. Any update yet with yours please?
Have you had a result. I have the same problem. No radio.

Hello.
I lost radio on journey home from Cornwall to Ilford. Not a fun one. Tried holding home button, didn't fix it. Looks to me the radio is not picking up any signal. Same message about USB Did you fix yours?

Have you had a result. I have the same problem. No radio.
Dealer had it. Fixed radio problem but caused new login problems. Had error message: 'please activate head unit first' when tried to login. Dealer had several more times without success. Replaced the head unit but still did not work. Dealer had it for 10 more days waiting for MG's reply. Eventually got it to work again!

So very randomly the radio stopped playing any sound. You can still browse radio stations (or adjust the frequency on FM), but it's not picking up the station (neither audio nor the information data). Possibly related, possibly not, now when I start the car after a short pause the infotainment screen shows the error "U Disk Identity Failure" (or identify... I can't remember now). I can't find any information about this at all.

Will be taking it to the dealer maybe next week to "check things over and update the software".
Soo - I’ve had exactly this issue. Is it fixed by disconnecting the 12 volt? Mine was. Had a lot of discussions with MG who said ‘connection issue between the RBRM and the main infotainment unit’ aka a usb connection that needs re-seating. This is a what MG Richmond have kindly done. Hopefully has sorted it. No issues so far!

Where can the rbrm be found? I have this issue but can’t get car in to dealer. Is it something I can do myself?

Thank you, disconnected the battery for 30mins and radio restored when reconnected. There were a worrying amount of error messages on display and seemingly every driver aid was U/S but they all came back after a 20min drive. Love the car but the software is dog shit!

My radio keeps stopping and starting, losing signal in areas I usually have signal and changing input from radio to bluetooth... Car is going in to the dealers next week for them to look at that, the knocking from the steering column and the horrific screeching i get from the brakes when braking while going backwards (weird I know but only when going backwards)
Mine did the screeching when going backwards, it now stopped. I got the car 30th May 2022 its just gone over 10,000 miles but I forgot about noise I think it cleared up 8 months after bought the car.. I would assume the time is not the issue but the amount of time I have heavy braked / millage.. my main issue issue with with the sunroof when its shut or fully open no issues but when its just tilted up it rattles at very opportunity, its been in to have it checked at the dealer, there nothing they can do so they say it did get regreased, didn't fix noise .. its also had a rear left light cluster replaced as 1 of the LED's failed.. its had few more issues than my Honda e had.. but I still like the MG..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom