Year 1 Servicing in London Trophy Connect LR

teepee

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

As the title suggests I'm coming up to the first annual service on my ZSEV LR Trophy Connect.

On my second ZSEV now - the first was the Gen 1 car but I'm loving the extra battery capacity and peace of mind on longer trips.

I've previously used WLMG (where I've also purchased from) at Ruislip for servicing but they are quite a way for me to go and I always need to take up a courtesy car, which can sometimes be problematical due to limited availability.

I see there is a new MG dealer much nearer to me - Chiswick MG - and wondered if anyone has any good/bad experiences to share? I've checked the dealer specific forum and, whilst people buying cars from them seem happy, there are just 2 negative reports on the service side. I'm concerned that they are relatively new to MG and may not have the relevant experience/expertise yet with the brand. (Although they have had Nissans for some time so should be experienced with EVs).

Any thoughts - positive or negative - greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Not sure about that one. I live in South London so I gave mine in to Hendy in Crawley since I have free servicing with any of Hendy MGs. They gave me an MG5 as a courtesy car, dropped it in the morning while going to work and picked it back on my way home. They gave me a checklist with everything they did. I was pretty glad to see battery's SOH at 100% despite rapid charging pretty much all the time as I don't have home charging. Took like 5 mins in the morning and another 5 mins in the evening so pretty smooth.

Incidentally what were WLMG in Ruislip like at servicing. My first service is due in September. I don't need a courtesy car so that would not be an issue and their service centre is in walking / quick bus ride distance to my house.

@teepee
Have you looked on the ‘MG Dealer Discussions’ section of this forum? It might be a better place to get opinions or give feedback.
Yes, thanks. There is very little content though in that forum so I thought I'd try a wider audience.

Not sure about that one. I live in South London so I gave mine in to Hendy in Crawley since I have free servicing with any of Hendy MGs. They gave me an MG5 as a courtesy car, dropped it in the morning while going to work and picked it back on my way home. They gave me a checklist with everything they did. I was pretty glad to see battery's SOH at 100% despite rapid charging pretty much all the time as I don't have home charging. Took like 5 mins in the morning and another 5 mins in the evening so pretty smooth.
Sounds like good service, shame I'm not in South London.

Incidentally what were WLMG in Ruislip like at servicing. My first service is due in September. I don't need a courtesy car so that would not be an issue and their service centre is in walking / quick bus ride distance to my house.
The issue was often availability of a courtesy car. Sometimes they had to postpone my service because a car was not available and once they took 2 days to do a regular service because they knew I had a courtesy car so I suppose my service went to the back of the queue.

When I had the comfort update done on my gen 1 car in 2020, which was chargeable, they handed the car back with only half the update done so it had to go back for a second time. I wasn't impressed that they thought they'd completed the job and clearly didn't know, or check, that it was complete. Despite that they did rectify it quickly and all subsequent services went ok.

They were quite new to MG back in 2020 so I suppose didn't have much experience on MG cars then. This is exactly the reason I'm cautious about trying MG Chiswick who only took on MG in 2022. 🤞

They were quite new to MG back in 2020 so I suppose didn't have much experience on MG cars then. This is exactly the reason I'm cautious about trying MG Chiswick who only took on MG in 2022. 🤞
This is a similar concern I have always had when it comes to finding a MG dealer who has staff that have previous EV experienced master techs.
I have three MG dealers within a 20 miles radius of our home address, but these are not dealers I will trust with applying software updates to my car.
I had a bad experience with one of these dealers on my Gen 1 ZS EV which resulted in the car being bricked for three days !.
With our Gen 2 I will make a 200 mile around trip to a dealer who I can trust to do the work correctly.
They have techs with lots of EV knowledge as the dealer is part MG part Nissan.
Of course the Nissan Leaf EV has been around a lot longer than the MG offerings and this how they have gained the experience.

I have my ZS on contract service with Hendy Crawley, going in on 10th Aug for first service (courtesy car and test drive of x power also organised), so will let you know. They have already replaced a noisy drivers window seal under warranty without any problems and checked car for any updates, even though car was purchased through new car discount. so far so good.

I have my ZS on contract service with Hendy Crawley, going in on 10th Aug for first service (courtesy car and test drive of x power also organised), so will let you know. They have already replaced a noisy drivers window seal under warranty without any problems and checked car for any updates, even though car was purchased through new car discount. so far so good.
Thanks, you seem to have it all sorted.👍

Hi all,

As the title suggests I'm coming up to the first annual service on my ZSEV LR Trophy Connect.

On my second ZSEV now - the first was the Gen 1 car but I'm loving the extra battery capacity and peace of mind on longer trips.

I've previously used WLMG (where I've also purchased from) at Ruislip for servicing but they are quite a way for me to go and I always need to take up a courtesy car, which can sometimes be problematical due to limited availability.

I see there is a new MG dealer much nearer to me - Chiswick MG - and wondered if anyone has any good/bad experiences to share? I've checked the dealer specific forum and, whilst people buying cars from them seem happy, there are just 2 negative reports on the service side. I'm concerned that they are relatively new to MG and may not have the relevant experience/expertise yet with the brand. (Although they have had Nissans for some time so should be experienced with EVs).

Any thoughts - positive or negative - greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
i had my MG ZS LR serviced while i waited ,only took an hour.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom