Yes you can drive through big puddles.

From the internet:

"The IP67 Rating represents one of the highest levels of protection provided by electrical enclosures or housings against water and dust. An IP67-rated device is 100% protected against solid objects like dust and sand while also being tested to work for at least 30 minutes while under 1 m of water."

It doesn't say water won't get in, just that it will continue to work

I think I seen somewhere or heard that your insurance will not cover you for drive through deep water as this can be avoided by turning around. It’s also dangerous to drive or walk through deep water as manholes cover will be lifted and your or your could end up down them.

The manual says the whole thing is ip67 sealed and able to withstand floodwater
I like to add to this too. Been driving EVs for 4.5 years now. EVs term for the driver cabin. a few times i drove through deep water during the wet months. my old 2015 leaf floated across to get to the other side. I can't be to certain but i have no water coming in. And i know for a fact that the batteries are sealed in a casing air tight cover. And i have used my MG this year driving through the same big ass puddles and have no issues.

But do be aware there is some foam in the front wings that can soaked and even slightly displaced - well there is on my MG ZS. Takes ages to dry out in the winter.

Sorry perhaps it's my terminology. By wings I mean the bodywork pieces over the front wheels. I posted the following thread when it happened to me

Sorry perhaps it's my terminology. By wings I mean the bodywork pieces over the front wheels.
Ahh, that's a shame. I was imagining something like this.

1707599696611.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom