ZS EV ‘20 Update issues

Davemg

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello all.

New poster/new ev owner.

I purchased a 20 plate zs ev around 2 weeks ago. The problem I’m having is that I asked if they would make sure all software was up to date, as when we test drove it, it had the usual niggles (bongs, slow start up etc.

I believe these issues can be resolved with the comfort 2 update. However, having been back to the dealership a couple of times, they are convinced that when they’ve hooked the car up their system, there are no outstanding updates.

Has anybody any advice or ideas? As they say that not every car is the same and some updates won’t apply to my car? Is this true? Or are they not checking properly?

Thank you

A lot will depend on the effectiveness and abilities of the dealer unfortunately.
The comfort 2 update was usually a customer paid for service.
Quick check, do you have the external ambient temperature showing on the display?.
This was one part of the comfort 2 improvement.
If it’s not there, you don’t have !.
You may find this useful, regarding Comfort 2 update.

Comfort 2 update - info from MG website​

( NB - if you purchased your car after mid June 2020, the car should have had the Comfort 2 update installed and therefore bongs etc dealt with. If you are being asked to pay for this update in 2021 as a new purchaser, you should definitely query this.)

During the lifespan of a vehicle model, various changes can be made to interior trim, exterior cosmetics or system functions to ensure that it features cutting edge technology and remains attractive to potential buyers. MG ZS EV models manufactured after mid-June 2020, will have a newly developed 2nd generation of Comfort System Operation installed on the car. This is now available for customers who wish to benefit from these later updates on earlier build models.
Whilst all the below features involve software changes to key components on your vehicle, the updated software is not available to cars with 1st Generation software as a ‘warranty upgrade’. MG’s warranty is there to cover the cost of repair or replacement of a failed part due to a manufacturing defect, and not for updates/upgrades, and will therefore be chargeable. Please speak to your MG dealer to find out associated charges for this update.
This new 2nd generation of Comfort System Operation includes changes to:
  • Faster system self-check when powering ‘ON’
  • Infotainment volume maintains and restarts at previous volume setting after powering ON/OFF
  • Auto High Beam system disable option available in menu settings
  • General warning chime quality improvements and reduced volume
  • Warning chimes reduced for MG Pilot and Key Reminder
  • Vehicle temperature and temperature alarm featured in the instrument display
  • Vehicle range always on display in instrument pack
  • Vehicle can be unlocked during A/C charging, when re-locked charging automatically resumes

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.

No, no ambient temperature displayed.

The dealer is adamant there’s no updates outstanding so I’m not really sure what else to do. Try another dealership?!

Thanks again

Try another dealership?!
Definitely !.
Some ( but not all MG dealers ) are extremely reluctant to carry out software updates.
Try and find a MG dealer who has been twinned with a Nissan franchise, for example.
These will have EV tech's that will have worked on EV's well before the MG EV's arrived.
You may have to be willing to travel a bit, but its worth it to get your car updated correctly.
I have at least three MG dealers close to my home address, but I chose to make a round trip of about 200 miles to ensure the work is done correctly.
I do this after having a bad experience with another dealer and the car was bricked for four days.
Consider using the Chorley lads for this type of update work is my advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom