ZS EV Air conditioning

NikeAirMax

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All,
I am wondering how your ZS EV's AC working? I have had my car for a little over 2 months now and I am not sure if there is something wrong with my AC or is it just not powerful at all...

It would take roughly about 30min for real cool air to kick in which seems way too long!

My experience is that the Aircon is pretty poor, especially when it's hot outside. Asked for it to be checked during first service. Apparently it's within spec!

You don't mention which model, but I'm assuming its a gen 2 facelift. If so, that newer model includes a centre tunnel & which unlike the gen 1 now routes air con to the rear seats. The thing is that in ECO mode driving, that is almost no-existant in the back & certainly less powerful in the front.

What I find in day-to-day driving is that ECO is generally fine for front passenger use only; I have the temp always set all the way down to 'Lo'. When its really, really hot, and/or there are passengers in the back, just drive in Normal mode & the aircon is perfecty icy & that only takes a few seconds to get there. If not for you, then yes, take it back to the service agent.

Makes sense really, ECO is to conserve energy & range & for most of the time that I am driving alone to do errands, is perfectly fine. When is extremely hot (here in Brisbane Australia), sometimes I will flick it up to normal for a little bit & it will cool the cabin quickly & hold that for a while.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, I ll definitely try the normal mode and will get it checked at first service

You don't mention which model, but I'm assuming its a gen 2 facelift. If so, that newer model includes a centre tunnel & which unlike the gen 1 now routes air con to the rear seats. The thing is that in ECO mode driving, that is almost no-existant in the back & certainly less powerful in the front.

What I find in day-to-day driving is that ECO is generally fine for front passenger use only; I have the temp always set all the way down to 'Lo'. When its really, really hot, and/or there are passengers in the back, just drive in Normal mode & the aircon is perfecty icy & that only takes a few seconds to get there. If not for you, then yes, take it back to the service agent.

Makes sense really, ECO is to conserve energy & range & for most of the time that I am driving alone to do errands, is perfectly fine. When is extremely hot (here in Brisbane Australia), sometimes I will flick it up to normal for a little bit & it will cool the cabin quickly & hold that for a while.
I'm also in Brisbane and our 5 month old ZS LR A/C is fine on "Normal" setting, and is ok in winter on "Eco". We set ours around 22-23 degrees.

Last edited by a moderator:
It also seems to me that the air conditioning only turns on in the windshield defroster mode with the button under the radio. when aimed at the head, the air conditioning can only be heard turning on after a lot of playing with the buttons on the display.

Ufff .. hay quien no lee el manual de propietario pese a pagar 40.000 $

Edit moderator: please post in English. Google translation:
"Ufff.. there are those who do not read the owner's manual despite paying $40,000!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for a test drive of the MG ZSEV Long Range today. 31 degrees Celsius outside, and with the car in Normal mode and the AC on LOW, I felt like I was in a sauna.
It's off my list 😥
Not my experience. We have a 2023 MG ZSLR in Brisbane, over 30 degrees most days. AC set to 22-23 degrees, setting on Auto but recirculating the air. Icy cold.

I went for a test drive of the MG ZSEV Long Range today. 31 degrees Celsius outside, and with the car in Normal mode and the AC on LOW, I felt like I was in a sauna.
It's off my list 😥
The windscreen button on is the only way the ac works .. same in winter , software issue

I found the air con to be pretty poor to be honest, it seemed to be either too hot or cold almost regardless of what I'd set it and but the worst thing was whenever I had more than one person in the car when it wasn't warm, the car would steam up all the time. This could be remedied by just pressing the button to switch on full power, but it's quite noisy when you do that so you don't want it on for too long.

I found the air con to be pretty poor to be honest, it seemed to be either too hot or cold almost regardless of what I'd set it and but the worst thing was whenever I had more than one person in the car when it wasn't warm, the car would steam up all the time. This could be remedied by just pressing the button to switch on full power, but it's quite noisy when you do that so you don't want it on for too long.
Are you using Eco mode and is the HVAC in the recirc mode ?.
Eco mode reduces the effectiveness of the HVAC system and recirc mode can cause the glass to mist up very quickly.

Are you using Eco mode and is the HVAC in the recirc mode ?.
Eco mode reduces the effectiveness of the HVAC system and recirc mode can cause the glass to mist up very quickly.
No I never used the eco mode as the hvac was really poor when you did. The mg uses air con and not climate control I always assumed that was the reason that it was less effective.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom