Zs ev LR arrived finally

rino1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So i can pick up my zs LR luxury at last, in a few days.
Are there things i need to look out for? They told me they were going to clean it and program it but do i need to watch out for the latest update? Something else that you can notice quickly if there is something wrong?
Thx in advance!

Main thing is enjoy it. Set to max charge 80% and just go to 100% when you need the range. Turn off lka lane keep assist. If infortainment display plays up you just hold down the left button and it will reset. If radio goes off press src button on steering wheel.. enjoy

Main thing is enjoy it. Set to max charge 80% and just go to 100% when you need the range. Turn off lka lane keep assist. If infortainment display plays up you just hold down the left button and it will reset. If radio goes off press src button on steering wheel.. enjoy
Also just getting ti figure out new car, Trophy LR EV for lady wife, can you clarify for me on the infotainment system reset - where is the left button you need to hold down? Also, what’s the main reason for skipping/killing the lane keep assist? ((nil miles yet, delivered yesterday)) Cheers….

You hold the home button down to reset infotainment system. I find I am fighting the cars steering all the time with lka turned on... first thing I did was to turn it off

Well thats fantastic news that your new car will be with you in just a few days. If this is your first EV, as it was for me, you will be amazed at how good it is to drive. Even in ECO mode the accelleration is impressive.
This forum is crammed with really useful advice on how to do almost anything with the car. A search on your vehicle will bring up a huge number of useful things. However, I would recommend that you try functions like LKA before deciding to just turn them off. You actually can't do that anyway as it resets to on everytime you start the car. There are several things that I did when first receiving my Trophy. In no particular order.
  • Turn off Dead Reconing if it causes the SAT/NAV to not work. there are loads of threads here on how to do that if needed and here is a simple quick video
  • Link the Ismart app to your phone and run through the connection to the car. Again there are threads here and also YouTube videos.
  • If you havn't driven an automatic before take it easy for a day or so. The muscle memory may mean you will inadvertantly use the brake as a clutch. Yes I did this for a short time on receiving mine.
  • I did buy a 10mm spanner, which I keep in my bag, and have never had to use it. The car has so far never been bricked by a Gridserve charger and I suspect I will be carrying that spanner unused for the next 10 years.
  • Apart from linking the Ismart app connect the car to your phone bluetooth. Instructions are pretty clear in the manual. In that way you will have access to all your contacts and be able to call using the steering wheel controls.
  • Experiment with the 3 driving modes, Normal, Eco, and Speed. They all have there uses but it really is up to personal preference.
  • Experiment with the 3 levels of Kers (regeneration options) Again its personal preference. Although if you can get used to level 3 you can get near to one pedal driving which is a very comfortable way of driving as well as recovering some of the power back to your battery.
  • You will probaly find the car wallows around a bit on bumpy roads but its not intrusive and on most roads (also hopefully where you live) the pot hole roads are slow anyway.

There are millions of other things this forum has disscussed over the years that you might find useful. You don't need to use them all at the begining or at all. The car is a good drive and so far its idiosyncrases have not impacted my driving experiences in any meaningful way. Hopefully, in a few weeks you will be posting here about all the wonderful things you have learnt and experienced with this rather impressive car.

I think if you rotate a hand above your head anti-clockwise, while rubbing your other hand clockwise on your stomach, LKA might stay off.
Or was it clockwise above your head and.........

@evcog That’s interesting. I turned off LKA and it stays off permanently.

@rino1 Mine stays off. Maybe it’s model dependent??
My Sept 2022 TCLR had LKA was turned off as soon as I found how to on way back from dealer - it has not come back thank goodness. Do make sure Sat Nav dead reckoning is turned off before you leave the dealer.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom