• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

Deal Agreed ZS EV Mk1 Removable Witter Towbar and Electric Pack For Sale - £250

PhilYerBoots

Established Member
Reaction score
We've selling our Witter Removable Towbar which has just been professionally uninstalled from our mk1 ZS EV due to imminent part-ex for an MG4, hopefully coming our way soon.
Here's a link to my post when it was installed in July 2022, complete with photos. So it's only 3-4 months old and been used about 4 times for carrying 2 electric bikes.

Thread 'MG ZS EV Mk1 - Witter Towbar' MG ZS EV Mk1 - Witter Towbar

The vehicle specific electrical wiring kit is included so in total would currently cost around £400 new. We'd be happy to sell for £250 if collected (as it weighs around 21kg) or can get a quote for postage, which is likely to be around £25-£30.

Here's some photos of the kit now removed.

Please dm me if interested.

Thanks,
Phil.
IMG_20221019_122710.jpg
IMG_20221019_123320.jpg
IMG_20221019_122814.jpg
IMG_20221019_123053.jpg
IMG_20221019_123154.jpg
IMG-20221018-WA0000.jpg
IMG_20220729_105004.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the last photo, how much weight is that putting on the tow ball? The Mk2 ZS EV is only rated for 50kg this load would be pushing that limit.

Difficult to say exactly Peter but it would have been close to that limit, although ebike batteries were removed and anything else possible to reduce the total weight (panniers were empty).

All I can say is the whole setup felt rock solid and nothing shifted when driving. If anything the weight on the towbar helped settle the rear suspension of the ZS and actually improved the ride of the car, eliminating the bouncy effect over rough roads.

I would add the Witter approved mobile fitter we used to install and remove the towbar did confirm these towbars are over-engineered and would take nearer the original design figure of 75kg nose-weight that MG originally specified for the ZS EV.

Last edited:
Hi, how easy is it to remove the towbar and how visible is the unit with the towbar removed? Would it fit mg ZS EV trophy please? Thank you

Hi @Liandada .

It's pretty easy to remove and mount the towbar once you get the hang of it and you can't see any of it once removed from a normal standing position.
Unfortunately our towbar won't fit your facelift trophy model. You'll need this kit for the 2022 model .

Note...the eBay link above includes a universal wiring kit, which is not vehicle specific and does not connect to the car's CANBUS system.

Edit: Actually @Liandada I stand corrected. Our towbar is compatible with the facelift ZS 2022 model, it's the electric pack that isn't, which you can buy separately.

Cheers,
Phil.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi Phil, Is this still available? I could pickup most evening, Live in Stafford. Thanks Mych.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom