ZS EV Mk2 Infotainment System Lockup

Ozzie

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Using my Android phone as Navigation information via the USB and Android Auto as I have done many times the Infotainment System on my Mk2 ZS EV froze. I was unable to exit the screen or enter any of the other screens. Switching off and locking then unlocking the vehicle did not clear the problem. Returning to the vehicle after a break of about an hour and normal service was resumed. Have others had this experience and is anyone aware of a Infotainment System Reset?

Long press left most physical button downwards - I forget which it is. Volume maybe? Resets infotainment unit.

Thanks. That was my first thought and didn't clear problem or return me to home screen. As I couldn't find anything by searching the Forum I appear to have uncovered a new and worrying issue.

Thanks. That was my first thought and didn't clear problem or return me to home screen. As I couldn't find anything by searching the Forum I appear to have uncovered a new and worrying issue.
Are you sure you held the button long enough? You have to keep it pressed until the infotainment reboots, which can take 10 seconds or more.

Are you sure you held the button long enough? You have to keep it pressed until the infotainment reboots, which can take 10 seconds or more.
I can't be sure I held the Home button that long. I was on the motorway at the time. Hopefully it will not happen again. Thanks

I don't remember the infotainment ever freezing on me. The few times I had to reset it was because it refused to connect to Android Auto for some reason.
But for me it will reset on its own regularly after locking the car for a few minutes.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom