ZS EV VTL Function

Hobgoblin

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all

The EVCC module in my 2023 ZS EV has a part number 11349836.

Could anyone kindly confirm that they have this EVCC module in their car and the VTL function works.

thanks

Hi all

The EVCC module in my 2023 ZS EV has a part number 11349836.

Could anyone kindly confirm that they have this EVCC module in their car and the VTL function works.

thanks
i suspect yours like mine has incorrect unit fitted, causing V2L not to operate. you need to request correction by change of EVCC to a correct type 11505199, it is a known problem, of course a lot of people do not know of the function, so don't know if it works or not. MG for me were very helpful, there is also a software update to allow car to be locked when V2L works. Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
i suspect yours like mine has incorrect unit fitted, causing V2L not to operate. you need to request correction by change of EVCC to a correct type 11505199, it is a known problem, of course a lot of people do not know of the function, so don't know if it works or not. MG for me were very helpful, there is also a software update to allow car to be locked when V2L works. Glenn
Hi Glenn. Which MG dealership did you go to to get this resolved? My local MG certainly aren't being anything but "computer says no" at the minute and I have my first camping trip of the month this weekend.

Hi Glenn. Which MG dealership did you go to to get this resolved? My local MG certainly aren't being anything but "computer says no" at the minute and I have my first camping trip of the month this weekend.
Out of interest is there anyone in the Chester area with a genuine MG discharging cable which I could try to see if that works?

Hi, the dealership is Hendy Bournemouth, Wallisdown Rd . The actual connecter i am using is a small plug in chinese unit with a flap on the 3pin connection, there is not much in them appart from a resistor mine being 2k now, this instructs car it is a vtl, not charging plug, the resistor value advises max wattage mains output. Regards.

Hi Glenn. OK, so Bournemouth too far sadly, but to confirm, the MG service guys changed the EVCC to the one you stated above, and you changed the resistor in the discharge adapter yourself? Or it already had a 2k one inside? I currently have both a similar plug in like you have I think, and a more expensive evcables one with 5m cable and 2 UK 3-pin plugs with switches at the end. It is sold as an MG specific cable. Neither work, but I'm wondering if just changing the resistor would solve it, or if I still need the EVCC? Do you know where the unit is in the car or how I could tell which unit I have without taking anything apart?.

Attachments

• 17145495008942163451930383849931.jpg
    17145495008942163451930383849931.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 3
Hi Glenn. OK, so Bournemouth too far sadly, but to confirm, the MG service guys changed the EVCC to the one you stated above, and you changed the resistor in the discharge adapter yourself? Or it already had a 2k one inside? I currently have both a similar plug in like you have I think, and a more expensive evcables one with 5m cable and 2 UK 3-pin plugs with switches at the end. It is sold as an MG specific cable. Neither work, but I'm wondering if just changing the resistor would solve it, or if I still need the EVCC? Do you know where the unit is in the car or how I could tell which unit I have without taking anything apart?.

check out this, might find something useful

if you use search option for any questions, there will be at least 2-3 previous threads that might help

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom