ZS Excite - Roof Rails?

moderatelymod

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone added roof rails to their ZS Excite? Is it even possible?

I was hoping to add bars to carry a storage box, for carrying bulky but not heavy stuff for a family holiday, like a pram, some kids toys. Probably no more than 20kg.

I’m drawing a blank. Hoping someone can give me some news!

Thanks all!

Thanks Michael, but this appears to assume you have rails already.

Might need to go in and talk to them. I don’t think the SE has any obvious way of fitting anything to the roof. However, they do offer an additional “fitting kit” for those without roof bars.

6F2B1A06-A4FC-44F6-9F8C-C8529DCECA98.jpeg

Has anyone added roof rails to their ZS Excite? Is it even possible?

I was hoping to add bars to carry a storage box, for carrying bulky but not heavy stuff for a family holiday, like a pram, some kids toys. Probably no more than 20kg.

I’m drawing a blank. Hoping someone can give me some news!

Thanks all!
Think you might be down to some bars that "clip" or are tightened against the tops of the door apertures... Never had or used any personally.

eBay has examples
Here's 1 -

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This may help you, but I had the same issue with my MG5 Excite, and bought Summit 104 roof bars which are quite universal. I used them for the first time last week with my bike on a there and they were solid. You can see from the photos how the rubber feet/bases sits flat on the roof to take the weight then the clamps go round the door rim. Tricky to set up the first time, best done with two people.

Attachments

• Roof Rail.JPG
    Roof Rail.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 144
  • Roof Rail 2.JPG
    Roof Rail 2.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 142
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back