ZS mk2 radio/DAB not working

Mark

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Our ZS EV mk2 appears to have developed an issue with the DAB and radio.

The radio and DAB both worked before we went on a longer journey across the country. This journey covered several different regions of radio.

We now don’t appear to connect to any DAB stations including national ones and the radio doesn’t tune into any stations.

Looking at the DAB stations it only lists stations for a couple of regions we aren’t in (but drove through on our trip).

We normally use Apple CarPlay so doesn't really impact us and I’m sure this will be covered under warranty. But I was just wondering if any one is having the same issue?

I take it the aerial is still there?
Next will be have your rebooted the system
And if that don't work you can try a factory reset but you loses your settings

Last edited:
Aerial is very much still there.
Info system rebooted numerous times.

I haven’t tried the factory reset yet but will give that a go and update!

Our ZS EV mk2 appears to have developed an issue with the DAB and radio.

The radio and DAB both worked before we went on a longer journey across the country. This journey covered several different regions of radio.

We now don’t appear to connect to any DAB stations including national ones and the radio doesn’t tune into any stations.

Looking at the DAB stations it only lists stations for a couple of regions we aren’t in (but drove through on our trip).

We normally use Apple CarPlay so doesn't really impact us and I’m sure this will be covered under warranty. But I was just wondering if any one is having the same issue?
Yes. Same thing happened to mine. I've been through all the settings and menus but the radio doesn't play. Not really an issue as I use Android Auto, but it would be nice to have it working as it's only 4 months old.

Mine didn’t work at first, I went into settings and turned off all the dab services, then turned them back on again and it fired up! Another version of “turn it off, and back on again” 😄

12v battery disconnected then reconnected and the issues are all fixed.

Radio and DAB are back and working as before.

Really odd and perhaps more than just a software glitch if a manual disconnect is required.

I wonder if this relates back to the issues with the chip shortage and the delayed shipping. DAB radio chips were rumoured to be an issue I believe?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom