ZS Music

bigal

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi just ordered my new ZsTrophy

Currently on my Kia I can plug my USB sick in with my entire adult song collection around 4,500 songs

The Kia plays these from the USB

Does anybody know if you can do this with the ZS usb inputs?

Alan

Congratulations! Hope you’re happy with waiting (and waiting, and waiting…)

Short answer is yes, but with caveats.

There are a couple of threads on this, have a go at the search for the relevant ones

Biggest issue, as far as I'm concerned, is that it's just a list off all the songs, not Album organised. But I always listen on random, which gives you a surprise and saves thinking.

Biggest issue is that it will only play mp3 format and not .wav grrrr. If your 4500 songs are mp3 then you’ll be good to go, but as above not in album order.

Wav to MP3 file conversions can be done.
you have clearly not tried to convert an "entire" music collection to MP3.....

depending on the track length it can take between 30 seconds and 3 minutes to convert a single track to MP3... multiply that out by 4500 and well, I don't need to do the math for you there.

but if I do here it is.

2250 minutes if all complete in 30 seconds (37.5 hours)
13500 minutes if all complete in 3 minutes (225 Hours)

It can take a really fricking long time. I did it on an entire itunes library abot 10 years ago... some 25k songs... the computer was churning for about 35 days non stop.

you have clearly not tried to convert an "entire" music collection to MP3.....

depending on the track length it can take between 30 seconds and 3 minutes to convert a single track to MP3... multiply that out by 4500 and well, I don't need to do the math for you there.

but if I do here it is.

2250 minutes if all complete in 30 seconds (37.5 hours)
13500 minutes if all complete in 3 minutes (225 Hours)

It can take a really fricking long time. I did it on an entire itunes library abot 10 years ago... some 25k songs... the computer was churning for about 35 days non stop.
I do, as that is what I did and thereafter use MP3 for listening on the tube and in the car, CDs at home

Hi all,

I have 22 ZS EV LR Exclusive (Ireland) and use a USB with 1400+ songs.

THE ICE will only play up to song 1000 if I select to play them in list cycle mode.
The only way to hear the remaining songs is to set it to random.

It scans all the songs when the USB is plugged in initially so I know it sees them but won't go beyond a 1000 count of songs in list cycle mode.

Is there a setting to allow all songs to play in this mode beyond a 1000 count of songs?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom