ZS refusing to move?

Laurence Brown

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anyone had their ZS refuse to move.
My wife reversed out into the road this morning but the car wouldn't move forwards. She switched off a couple of times and tried again.
I got in and selected D and it was fine, went off quite happily - the car I mean, not the wife.
It happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Tried again and it moved.
Is it the parking brake not releasing for some reason? We don't use the Auto brake switch next to the parking brake, with the A on it.

Last edited:
Sounds indeed like a sticky parking brake. If it happens again, check that the red light indicator on the switch is glowing red, then release the parking brake with the switch whilst pressing the footbrake.

Usually happens if you're a bit quicker with the selector than the brake pedal. ;)

Sounds indeed like a sticky parking brake. If it happens again, check that the red light indicator on the switch is glowing red, then release the parking brake with the switch whilst pressing the footbrake.
Thank you. I will try that, assuming it happens again. And pass it across to my dear lady wife. I also wonder if she wasn't pressing the footbrake quite hard enough for D selection.

Thank you. I will try that, assuming it happens again. And pass it across to my dear lady wife. I also wonder if she wasn't pressing the footbrake quite hard enough for D selection.
I have found i can go from reverse to drive without pressing the brake pedal even whilst still slightly moving backwards .i guess its bad practice , but done it loads of times . Lets face it We have all done it with our old ice cars .out of reverse into first ,catch it with the clutch and away . I guess old habits etc .

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom