ZS software update?

Blackeunos

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Just collected the other half's 72 plate trophy from the local MG garage, as its been in for a software update.

They called her and told her it was a recall and it needed a software update, but didn't give any other details.

I asked her to check with them what it was for and the guy said he didn't know.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea about a recent software update for gen 2 SR models?

I haven’t heard anything about a recall. That’s a little concerning. There are definitely updates available, but as I understand it, most dealerships will only do them when the car is presented for service.

The updates are for VCU EVCC CCU BMS BCM.

My car will only allow V2L to work with the vehicle switched on. I don’t know if one of the updates listed corrects this, or if it’s another, separate update.

We didn't even purchase it from the garage that contacted my other half. It was in there for some body work a few months ago, and is our closest dealer.

They obviously are just after the payment for the work.

Had my 22 reg zs ev trophy serviced last month.
Worryingly was told that no updates to be made.
Have there been any updates and what is the best way of checking them as I don’t trust my local dealer anymore

My car will only allow V2L to work with the vehicle switched on. I don’t know if one of the updates listed corrects this, or if it’s another, separate update.
A software update ( not a recall ) to the BCM module will allow the car to continue discharging via the V2L cable, while the car is COMPLETELY closed down AND the doors are locked via the fob.
Prior to this update, it it is only possible to continue the discharge process via the V2L, cable when the car is left in full READY mode.
Therefore the car is still unlocked and the DRL's at the front of the car are still fully active.
Not ideal if you are wishing to use this V2L function while camping etc.
Our car was updated at the time of it's first service, so it was classed as a "No Cost" upgrade.

There was a recall note for my ZS LR mk.2 issued in July (SC052) (Service Compulsory maybe as oppose to Service Advisory ?) which mentioned the CCU had to be updated - but no information on the service sheet as to why - SAIC aren't really helping any of their UK dealers by providing so little information - I don't know if they get any more info across Europe or maybe they just aren't as questioning as we are !

I'm also presuming that every car has to be connected to the SAIC/MG servers for the updates to be downloaded each time and applied 'live' rather than being able to be downloaded to the dealer's service unit once and then repeatedly applied - which may indicate why it takes hours for the updates to be done !

I'm also presuming that every car has to be connected to the SAIC/MG servers for the updates to be downloaded each time and applied 'live' rather than being able to be downloaded to the dealer's service unit once and then repeatedly applied - which may indicate why it takes hours for the updates to be done !
Totally correct 👍.
The dealer has no idea what updates are applicable to that particular car via the VIN number, until it engages with the server in China.
No connection, no updates are getting done on that appointment !.

A software update ( not a recall ) to the BCM module will allow the car to continue discharging via the V2L cable, while the car is COMPLETELY closed down AND the doors are locked via the fob.
Prior to this update, it it is only possible to continue the discharge process via the V2L, cable when the car is left in full READY mode.
Therefore the car is still unlocked and the DRL's at the front of the car are still fully active.
Not ideal if you are wishing to use this V2L function while camping etc.
Our car was updated at the time of it's first service, so it was classed as a "No Cost" upgrade.
Hello, I am having EXACTLY THE SAME problems as you during V2L. May I ask which software update you have? My dealership have asked for this information, and would do the update for free.

Thanks for you help, Chris Lane

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom