ZS Trophy EV , ISMART has disconnected from car

Claire

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone
I wonder if anyone can help me please 🤔, I have had my Zs Trophy for 7 weeks now, tonight it has lost all communication with the iSMART app 🙈, I tried rebooting my iPhone , nothing , I also went into setting on the car and tried to rebind the car however it wouldn’t let me as it says the car is already bound ? Would I need to contact the dealer about this ?
Thanks in Advance

I wouldn’t worry just yet. Try again later, but my advice would be NOT to attempt to re-bind/delete/etc. It will most likely connect fine later, or tomorrow. It just happens from time to time.

I wouldn’t worry just yet. Try again later, but my advice would be NOT to attempt to re-bind/delete/etc. It will most likely connect fine later, or tomorrow. It just happens from time to time.
Thank you so much Susanna 🙂 , I will do that , it looked like it logged me out , but when I logged back in on my phone no car 🤔, tried to bind & it said car has already been bound but no car there just looked like I needed to start again from scratch if that makes sense ?

@Susanna in the app it says add vehicle 🤔

@Claire
Ah, I see. I haven’t experienced that. I thought you just meant the app wasn’t currently communicating with the car, which I have had a few times.
No it’s completely disappeared when I log into my profile there is nothing there at all 😳 , I have had it when it won’t link to the car or shows an older precious battery presentage @Susanna , but it’s like there is no car linked , so when I went to try and pair the car again with the qr code in the car it says car has already been binded 🙆🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ I will call the garage in the morning I have had a few issues over the last week like driving and all of a sudden get a warning like emergency braking system unavailable but then corrected when the car was turned off and back on again, but this is the first time having this issue. I will let you know what the garage says tomorrow , Thanks for your help anyway, it’s much appreciated ☺️
C4D8940F-510D-40D1-B8CF-8D7A23FC9D47.png

@Susanna
6EB456B1-CF93-4884-B57D-C8897349336D.png
BC84B224-C172-4242-9D99-43451A8506BF.png
B36B36DC-CF2E-4235-B8E3-2192D1050F86.png

Is it definitely the right account you originally used to set up?
If it was it quite a big problem and most dealers don't know how to get car de bound so you can start the process again

Is it definitely the right account you originally used to set up?
If it was it quite a big problem and most dealers don't know how to get car de bound so you can start the process again
Yes I think so @N2STY 🤔 It’s been working fine was always able to check my car charging status , remote lock or turn on defrost etc , but yesterday just wouldn’t log in , so I put in my password etc but then no car just asking me to bind car , so went into the car system tried to scan the Qr code and the car says car has been bind already 😳 I used iSMART to check my charging status as I don’t have a home charger.

Hi @Miles Roberts CG - Are you able to please offer any help on this one please 🙏.
Bit of an odd one this ?.
Many thanks !.
Thank you @Lovemyev 🙂

UPDATE
CB3A1C71-47C2-43D6-8CC7-496ED4A6CCBE.png
@Susanna , @N2STY , @Lovemyev , Fixed 😮‍💨 , I deleted the iSMART app from my iPhone , then just reset my password , even though it was logging in with my password reset everything ! Don’t know what was causing it , dealer hadn’t come across this either 🤷🏼‍♀️, but my car has been found Thank goodness ! Thanks everyone for your help ☺️ 🚗

Just a thought, does your phone automatically update apps? If the iSmart app needed an update, it might have stopped working. When you deleted and reinstalled, it would have installed the latest version.

Just a thought, does your phone automatically update apps? If the iSmart app needed an update, it might have stopped working. When you deleted and reinstalled, it would have installed the latest version.
Last apple update was 6th of Jan

Hooray - so pleased it’s back up and running!
@Susanna Thank you for your help ☺️

Last apple update was 6th of Jan
@N2STY It had been up to date & working fine apart from a blip here and there but the car was always shown in the app 🤔 Strange 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m just so pleased my car has been found 😁 so I check how my charge is coming along as I don’t have a home charger so use public ones , Thanks for your help it’s truly greatly appreciated.

@Claire - Glad to hear you are all sorted !.

Hi @Miles Roberts CG all sorted now, panic over !,
@Lovemyev Me too ☺️ Thanks again for your help I really do appreciate it

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom