ZSEV 1st Service - KERS3 RC007

LoneRanger

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
We had the ZSEV in for its 1st Service yesterday & the Service sheet claims it had the KERS3 RC007 brake light update done too.

I’ve not heard on the Forum that the issue also affected the ZSEV ??

Probably just a paperwork mixup.
If the ZSEV was included you'd all be discussing your recall letters.

Is the MG5 getting a brake light update ?.
Bit of a mix up maybe ?.
I have never heard of anybody having a software update for the brake light on a ZS EV ????.
Anybody ??????? 🤷‍♂️.

Did it say it had an oil change as well ? :LOL:
Mine did !!!!.
Tick box exercise 🤷‍♂️.
I was thinking about asking them for a refund on the price if the service cost for the oil.
Because if you haven’t installed the oil ( because you can’t ) then surely that needs to be deducted from the bill ????.
Only goes to show that it is not even worth the paper it is written on IMO.
Typical school boy error !.

Paperwork is often filled out by reception staff who know little if anything about cars in general, never mind your car in specific.

Paperwork is often filled out by reception staff who know little if anything about cars in general, never mind your car in specific.
This is true sadly !.
Mind you, the give away is the fact there is no oil charged for on Workshop job sheet 🤣.
Had a friend of mine recently have his Golf PHEV serviced at the dealer.
The service manger handled the paper work due to a shortage of staff.
He insisted going through the check sheet item by item, before asking for payment.
When they reached the section on tyre wear and pressures.
He reported that all five tyres where in good order and the pressures where all correct.
My friend pointed out that the car did NOT have a spare wheel and tyre.
The service manager said that if it’s on the sheet, it must have been checked.
Not taking NO for an answer, he walked my friend out to his car and opened the boot.
Lifted up the boot floor, only to find no spare wheel !.
Looking to dig a bigger hole for himself, he said :- “Arh ….. It’s strapped under the car”.
He is now on his hands and knees in a nice suit, trying to find the spare wheel !.
He gets up and makes off to the workshop at a fast rate of speed !.
Somebody was likely to be sitting on a bag of frozen peas THAT night 🤣.
What chance do we have against this level of lack of produce knowledge 🤷‍♂️.
If it was not so serious, it would be funny ( NOT ).

This is true sadly !.
Mind you, the give away is the fact there is no oil charged for on Workshop job sheet 🤣.
Had a friend of mine recently have his Golf PHEV serviced at the dealer.
The service manger handled the paper work due to a shortage of staff.
He insisted going through the check sheet item by item, before asking for payment.
When they reached the section on tyre wear and pressures.
He reported that all five tyres where in good order and the pressures where all correct.
My friend pointed out that the car did NOT have a spare wheel and tyre.
The service manager said that if it’s on the sheet, it must have been checked.
Not taking NO for an answer, he walked my friend out to his car and opened the boot.
Lifted up the boot floor, only to find no spare wheel !.
Looking to dig a bigger hole for himself, he said :- “Arh ….. It’s strapped under the car”.
He is now on his hands and knees in a nice suit, trying to find the spare wheel !.
He gets up and makes off to the workshop at a fast rate of speed !.
Somebody was likely to be sitting on a bag of frozen peas THAT night 🤣.
What chance do we have against this level of lack of produce knowledge 🤷‍♂️.
If it was not so serious, it would be funny ( NOT ).
The guy at the MG garage I went to for a test drive told me it has plastic trim on the wheel and they can't call them alloys as they contain what makes the regen braking work..... I didn't bother correcting him.

One of the key reasons for joining a place like this is the fact that (collective) knowledge of our vehicles will almost certainly exceed that possessed by your friendly dealer.
Absolutely. When I test drove the Kona (which incidentally I wasn't fussed on), the sales person didn't even give me a brief resume of the vital controls. She didn't have a clue. Good job I didn't ask her for any technical information!

I've learned so much from this forum being an EV newb.👏

When I had a test drive of the new ZS EV the sales guy gave me the range BS 273 miles on a charge. Explained I had an EV and been driving electric for 5 years said oh yeah the range is around 220 -250 dependant on weather etc.

When I had a test drive of the new ZS EV the sales guy gave me the range BS 273 miles on a charge. Explained I had an EV and been driving electric for 5 years said oh yeah the range is around 220 -250 dependant on weather etc.
Yeah - I guess it depends who you are talking too !.
For most people looking at an EV for the very first time, it is 273 miles of range, of course it is !.
To a seasonal and experienced EV owner, its more like 220 - 250.
P.S. - I would like to add in my thoughts here.
Absolute worse case situation in the worst conditions you are likely to encounter, with mainly motor way driving and just about EVERYTHING running ............... 200 miles of range !.
Planetauto have just gone through this on their recent test drive.
I will included it here, but you will find it posted on another tread on the forum.

Absolutely. When I test drove the Kona (which incidentally I wasn't fussed on), the sales person didn't even give me a brief resume of the vital controls. She didn't have a clue. Good job I didn't ask her for any technical information!

I've learned so much from this forum being an EV newb.👏
Me too.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom