296E2433-AC41-43A5-98BD-C5AD983B0D26.jpeg
AD0B961C-C31B-456F-B49F-E3E3DFE1B366.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi
Believe it or not it is from a jaguar
I sourced it years ago for my camper van conversion but never used it
It’s wired directly from the front interior lamp
πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

That's a very nice looking install. Like it should have been there in the first place..

Hope you took pics of the install process because everyone's going to be asking.

Hi
I totally agree it should have been there from factory, it was dark in the back but even darker when I had the windows limo tinted
I didn’t take any photos of install as I was trying to get it done before the rain cameπŸ˜‚
Just put your fingers at the front of the interior light and pull it towards you in an arc (spring loaded at front clips at rear of light)
There are 2 black wires to each bulb I just snipped them and soldered them together then put them in terminal blocks just for a bit more security
At the light I was fitting I just measured central location marked the hole to cut
Then very carefully cut the hole with a sharp Stanley knife
Connected the wires to the light fitting with two insulated femal spade connectors
Then job done
Hope this helps
I will try n take photos when weather breaks again

Hi
I totally agree it should have been there from factory, it was dark in the back but even darker when I had the windows limo tinted
I didn’t take any photos of install as I was trying to get it done before the rain cameπŸ˜‚
Just put your fingers at the front of the interior light and pull it towards you in an arc (spring loaded at front clips at rear of light)
There are 2 black wires to each bulb I just snipped them and soldered them together then put them in terminal blocks just for a bit more security
At the light I was fitting I just measured central location marked the hole to cut
Then very carefully cut the hole with a sharp Stanley knife
Connected the wires to the light fitting with two insulated femal spade connectors
Then job done
Hope this helps
I will try n take photos when weather breaks again
Well done Ian, could you nick up to Scotland and fit mine??? :cool:

Honestly if you know how to use a Screwdriver
Wire cutters
Pliers
Terminal blocks
Stanley knife
You can do it yourself
I’ll try and get some photos tomorrow

Honestly if you know how to use a Screwdriver
Wire cutters
Pliers
Terminal blocks
Stanley knife
You can do it yourself
I’ll try and get some photos tomorrow
How did you feed the cable through to the rear light? (Sorry not very good at diy)

If you do other wiring jobs from time to time it's worth investing in the right tools. I bought a set of CK rods some years back and they would be ideal for a task like this.

If you do other wiring jobs from time to time it's worth investing in the right tools. I bought a set of CK rods some years back and they would be ideal for a task like this.
These are also invaluable for fitting the wire from front to back for installing front and back dash cams etc. Used just like mini drain rods ( but not nearly as smelly in operation I found 🀣)

Sheesh I have a set of those in the garage, been therefor years, used maybe once.

Today I fitted the back bit of a dashcam and went all round the edge - didn't even think of going over the top!!

Still, it looks pretty good except the bundle of spare wire dangling in the boot... but if I went over thetop I suppose I could leave the spare wire in the lining?

How did you feed the cable through to the rear light? (Sorry not very good at diy)
Hi
I just used a piece of plastic trunking lid but you can use a piece of stiff wire or a bit of thin garden cane
Tbo if you feed it from the new light position it slides down pretty easily

My solution rechargable lights hung on 3D printed hangers.Just hung from headlining.Ive since pushed them back a bit so no one catches them self .It has bonus of lighting up the boot too.
I did it this way as it's only a loan car

Attachments

• IMG_20211125_122926208.jpg
    IMG_20211125_122926208.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20211125_122919870.jpg
    IMG_20211125_122919870.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 170
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel