Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all
Just did a quick rendering on how my MG5 would look with some spotlights on
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
IMG_1316.jpeg

I changed the bulbs - easy, but fiddly - to PIAA Hyper Arros HB3, whiter but not really much better. The problem I have with the standard lights is that on dipped beam they just don’t seem to extend far enough to see the road ahead, beyond about 8-10m. At night that’s not far enough to be able to react to anything unexpected 😕

I changed the bulbs - easy, but fiddly - to PIAA Hyper Arros HB3, whiter but not really much better. The problem I have with the standard lights is that on dipped beam they just don’t seem to extend far enough to see the road ahead, beyond about 8-10m. At night that’s not far enough to be able to react to anything unexpected 😕
100w off road HB3 bulbs, Bright as Leds but without the Dazzle, not road legal, but who`s going to wrestle under the bonnet to check?. never failed an MOT yet ;)

100w off road HB3 bulbs, Bright as Leds but without the Dazzle, not road legal, but who`s going to wrestle under the bonnet to check?. never failed an MOT yet ;)
Well they don't have to do they if you've admitted it? But don't worry, your confession is safe with me. And the entire internet...

Silly Question, you haven't knocked the light angle adjuster dial have you? I thought the light range was rubbish when I first got it then realised that the lights weren't self leveling and I had or the dealer had the lights set for a heavy load and at the wrong angle.

Even when correct they aren't the brightest though.

Silly Question, you haven't knocked the light angle adjuster dial have you? I thought the light range was rubbish when I first got it then realised that the lights weren't self leveling and I had or the dealer had the lights set for a heavy load and at the wrong angle.

I had my car in after I did my first night drive when I noticed I was spotting planes with the drivers headlamp n lighting the curb up with the passenger side
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
All sorted and now running osram night breakers
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

You mean the one in the car, by the drivers right knee, no, I checked that's its on the highest setting.

You mean the one in the car, by the drivers right knee, no, I checked that's its on the highest setting.
When you say highest setting do you mean highest in range 0-3 or highest in height as they are the opposite to each other.

1697790632828.png

Well they don't have to do they if you've admitted it? But don't worry, your confession is safe with me. And the entire internet...
phew, well that`s certainly a huge relief, I can come out of hiding behind the sofa then? :eek:

Without stripping down my car to take a look, which bulbs are the stock headlights?

H4, H7's, what? (please...)

I have had a lot of satisfaction from Auxito LED's as replacements in other vehicles.

They are HB3. I replaced them with LED bulbs for a significant improvement. They also passed an MOT as the beam pattern is well controlled. Now have a facelift Trophy with standard LEDs and don't see much difference

Without stripping down my car to take a look, which bulbs are the stock headlights?

H4, H7's, what? (please...)

I have had a lot of satisfaction from Auxito LED's as replacements in other vehicles.
No need to strip down your car simply look in the manual. Here you go just for you.

1712739938149.png

I got some 'IKERY Ultra 9005/HB3 20,000Lm 6500K IP67 50W LED Bulbs' from Amazon £27.99 then, now £24.99 Pair.
They are excellent, pattern is perfect, don't get any flashes from oncoming traffic so I believe they're not blinders.
P.S. Make sure the bulb end is vertically disposed, otherwise pattern will not be correctly aligned.
P.P.S. I tried the 'Night Breakers', they're not a patch on these bulbs.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom