12v battery losing charge

So I suppose what I really want to know is whether the car will be dead if I go away and leave it for 2 weeks?

Based on extrapolating my observations on a ZS EV Mk2, and assuming you don't have any appliances that contribute to the ongoing battery drain, like a hardwired dash cam:

2 weeks should be fine if the 12V battery is fully charged at the start of that period and the car has no fault that causes additional drain. 4 weeks would be touch and go, 6 weeks would likely kill the 12V battery.

To ensure the battery is full at the start, either use a battery charger, or slowly trickle charge the HV for around 6 hours, bearing in mind that you ideally want store your car with less than 80% on the HV battery.

Many thanks for that. I really appreciate the responses and advice I get from this forum. I have never been sure if it is OK to use a battery charger for the 12v on an EV. I have a CTEK charger that I used for my petrol car so can just use that I guess. I'm also guessing that things like the alarm, GPS and internet connection for the iSmart app will drain some current. Seems a shame that it cannot intelligently use the HV to top up the 12v when needed then all this worry could be avoided!

Many thanks for that. I really appreciate the responses and advice I get from this forum. I have never been sure if it is OK to use a battery charger for the 12v on an EV. I have a CTEK charger that I used for my petrol car so can just use that I guess. I'm also guessing that things like the alarm, GPS and internet connection for the iSmart app will drain some current. Seems a shame that it cannot intelligently use the HV to top up the 12v when needed then all this worry could be avoided!
I also have a CTEK smart charger, which is absolutely fine for use on your car.
The is a very small drain to the info unit.
If you touch the screen when first enter the car in the morning ( everything turned off ).
Touch the blank screen and it will respond with “bleep”.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom