12v battery trickle charge message

Jamlam

Established Member
Reaction score
For about 2 weeks I have had a message appear on my dash board with an image of the 12v battery asking for me to place it on a trickle charger.
It mainly appears when i'm coming to or I have come to a stop. I did place the 12v battery (under the bonnet to stop any confusion) on a trickle charger and the message did stop for about 2 days and then it reappeared.
The 12v battery gauge on the dashboard states the battery is charging around 13v but I also have a 12v battery monitor in the 12v accessory/cigarette socket which I used in my last car due to 12v battery issues. This monitor states the 12v battery is charging at about 14.4v volts.
I am aware the 12v batteries in these cars had issues with the original SIAC 12v batteries and I still have a SIAC battery so I am wondering if any one else has had the same experiences.
Its a ZSev 2020 model by the way.

thank s for reading.

For about 2 weeks I have had a message appear on my dash board with an image of the 12v battery asking for me to place it on a trickle charger.
It mainly appears when i'm coming to or I have come to a stop. I did place the 12v battery (under the bonnet to stop any confusion) on a trickle charger and the message did stop for about 2 days and then it reappeared.
The 12v battery gauge on the dashboard states the battery is charging around 13v but I also have a 12v battery monitor in the 12v accessory/cigarette socket which I used in my last car due to 12v battery issues. This monitor states the 12v battery is charging at about 14.4v volts.
I am aware the 12v batteries in these cars had issues with the original SIAC 12v batteries and I still have a SIAC battery so I am wondering if any one else has had the same experiences.
Its a ZSev 2020 model by the way.

thank s for reading.
Not seen this on my display so far and have run the 12v down a bit, but as soon as the car is on ready it should take care of charging the battery, if it continues I would get the battery tested as it's not holding its charge in that case.

Never heard of this one before.
This isn't being confused with the message indicating the car needs an AC charge because it's mainly had DC charges?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom