1st service cost, seems expensive!

Here is my recent first service.. anti-perforation:check is extra but if you paying in the day make sure they add it in.
IMG_20211227_150557.jpg
IMG_20211227_150519.jpg

Caffyns Mg Ashford have told me that my first service charge will be £46 and the first three years cost amounts to around £350. However their Ev service plan over three years would be double that amount. I think garages are in a quandary currently on how their cost base is going to live with EV environment.

Here is my recent first service.. anti-perforation:check is extra but if you paying in the day make sure they add it in.
View attachment 6083View attachment 6084
I see that your battery Srate of Health is recorded as 50%. If so I would have thought it would require replacement. However I suspect that they have the two figures in the wrong way round. Perhaps you should check though

I see that your battery Srate of Health is recorded as 50%. If so I would have thought it would require replacement. However I suspect that they have the two figures in the wrong way round. Perhaps you should check though
Definitely check that. If the battery is only 56% on a relatively new car there's something seriously wrong. If that is indeed correct the 8 year battery warranty should cover replacement.

Definitely check that. If the battery is only 56% on a relatively new car there's something seriously wrong. If that is indeed correct the 8 year battery warranty should cover replacement.
No it is mixed up, I do have an OBD reader, as I have discussed elsewhere.
Also the SOC can't reach 100%...and certainly not eventhe maximum 97%, after having been charged for a couple of days

Last edited:
No it is mixed up, I do have an OBD reader, as I have discussed elsewhere.
Also the SOC can't reach 100%...and certainly not eventhe maximum 97%, after having been charged for a couple of days
Just done a 100% charge on mine & the OBD scanner has never shown a reading above 96.9% on any of the other "100%" charges.

GniFI2dl.png

My service plan with Islington motors MG dealer in Trowbridge is £6.98 a month for the first three annual services, total cost is £251.28. I have the 71 reg Mg5 30excite.

A little bit of advice/clarity from those of you with a greater understanding of the MG ZS EV than I possess. I had my first year service done on my Mk1 ZS EV Exclusive back in May, they recommended the following 2 items
  • Air Con/Heating/Ventilation System
Air conditioning antibacterial cleanse recommended
  • Fuel System
Advise fuel flush required

which I did not get done as my wife's week old Mk2 ZS EV Trophy LR was already in their workshop under investigation after bricking near Stoke on Trent and needing a 150 mile flatbed to get it to them. They had no courtesy cars available and I had spent most of the day waiting for the car to complete the service followed by another couple of weeks waiting to get my wife's car back.

I have just had a reminder and wondered why I would need a fuel flush and I thought the air con bits were in the second year service.

Any advice would be welcome, We did 8k miles in the first year but have only done 2k in the last 6 months as all the long journeys are now done in the Mk2.

Both items seem to be just revenue generators, or just mistakes, generated for ICE cars. Fuel flush on an EV - maybe they flush the electrons? Anti-bacterial cleanse? There’s a cabin filter for that. Why not ask them for an explanation and a copy of the full service schedule for your EV model?

Even if you had a petrol ZS, both items would be unnecessary.
They are just trying to flush out gullible customers (see what I did there :sneaky: )

I pay £6 per month at Baylis MG for my service plan... £169 sounds like daylight robbery for one service if you ask me. Pure profiteering as there isn't anything to do on the first service apart from a visual inspection really.

A little bit of advice/clarity from those of you with a greater understanding of the MG ZS EV than I possess. I had my first year service done on my Mk1 ZS EV Exclusive back in May, they recommended the following 2 items
  • Air Con/Heating/Ventilation System
Air conditioning antibacterial cleanse recommended
  • Fuel System
Advise fuel flush required

which I did not get done as my wife's week old Mk2 ZS EV Trophy LR was already in their workshop under investigation after bricking near Stoke on Trent and needing a 150 mile flatbed to get it to them. They had no courtesy cars available and I had spent most of the day waiting for the car to complete the service followed by another couple of weeks waiting to get my wife's car back.

I have just had a reminder and wondered why I would need a fuel flush and I thought the air con bits were in the second year service.

Any advice would be welcome, We did 8k miles in the first year but have only done 2k in the last 6 months as all the long journeys are now done in the Mk2.
My 1st year service was £90, 2nd year was £230, with cabin filter change, key fob battery change, which they did not do, and brake fluid change. The 1st year is just a general look around. I think they are trying to con you.

My 1st year service was £90, 2nd year was £230, with cabin filter change, key fob battery change, which they did not do, and brake fluid change. The 1st year is just a general look around. I think they are trying to con you.
Even that is expensive to be fair

What sort of milage are you doing..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom