2 cars possible ismart?

Aussi55

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone,

Thinking seriously of getting a 2nd ZS EV for my wife.

Is it possible to have 2 different cars in ismart?

If not could you have two separate accounts, one for each car, then login to the relevant car in ismart?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

If not could you have two separate accounts, one for each car, then login to the relevant car in ismart?

Many thanks in advance.
Then Ismart app is very very basic and limited, i would be surprised if you could have 2 cars in the same account.

If they are not even able to do basic stuff like the ability to have the same account logged in on 2 devices (Mine and my wifes) at the same time, it would be very strange if they had made it so that the same phone/app could have more than one car in it.

My main gripe here is not that the app could not do this at launch, but it seems that neither the problems with the app, nor the problems with the infotainment system is being addressed.

I have owned Chinese tech before and it has always been "You only ever get what was available at release" and the standard answer when asking for added functionality it is usually "Yes, we have this, but only in the new version of the tech you bought, so if you want this, you need to buy the new version"

@Aussi55 you could try something like this
Screenshot_20221107_145448.jpg

Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance.
I have an MG4 and a ZS Trophy LR connected to my single iSmart app. You then need to toggle between them in Vehicle Management to select each vehicle where you choose one to set as your current vehicle. Works well so far.

Hi all,

Think I've found how to do it with the latest version of the app. Untested as still have the one car.

From the main screen press the top section where the car name is.

That takes you to vehicle management.

Either press the + symbol or swipe left to start adding the extra car.

You can also unbind cars from here so they are ready for the next owner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221119-125843-858.png
    Screenshot_20221119-125843-858.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20221119-125944-720.png
    Screenshot_20221119-125944-720.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_20221119-125924-285.png
    Screenshot_20221119-125924-285.png
    744.1 KB · Views: 81
Thanks for the info. I've just tried to bind the wife's new Mg5 into my app but it appears that you can't have one car bound to more than one account....

So maybe the option of having 2 apps is better for me.

The other option is having one account with both cars but log in on 2 phones at the same time. Has anyone tried this?

Andy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom