2 days in and the ac vent flap broken

wenkatn

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I am a new mg4 owner and a first time EV owner too.
Watched ton of youtube videos before making a decision to buy one of these.
Bought it couple days ago. I am loving it. No Major issues apart from flimsy overall interior build quality.
Today the flap on the passenger side ac vent came off from its housing which seemed to be a cheap plastic.
Would the dealer fix these type of issues? I’m in West Midlands.
IMG_1806.jpeg

It was me adjusting the flap and i have a very gentle hand. If it was my kid, I’d have blamed them. But didn’t expect this to on the second day.

I am a new mg4 owner and a first time EV owner too.
Watched ton of youtube videos before making a decision to buy one of these.
Bought it couple days ago. I am loving it. No Major issues apart from flimsy overall interior build quality.
Today the flap on the passenger side ac vent came off from its housing which seemed to be a cheap plastic.
Would the dealer fix these type of issues? I’m in West Midlands. View attachment 21243
Why does the vent look scuffed and scratched top left corner

This is interesting. We bought a new MG4 EV in Australia. Same thing happened it just broke exactly like yours. the dealer who sold us the car in Gateshead Newcastle, NSW. Is saying it is not covered by warranty and they don’t believe us it just broken when being adjusted normally. the dealer is refusing to fix and MG Australia has not returned our request for them to contact us. I was so looking forward to getting this EV car. I’m not confident that any future issues are going to be addressed by MG. I’m hoping this isn’t the start of more things to come. I’m interested to know if warranty covered your vehicle in UK.

This is interesting. We bought a new MG4 EV in Australia. Same thing happened it just broke exactly like yours. the dealer who sold us the car in Gateshead Newcastle, NSW. Is saying it is not covered by warranty and they don’t believe us it just broken when being adjusted normally. the dealer is refusing to fix and MG Australia has not returned our request for them to contact us. I was so looking forward to getting this EV car. I’m not confident that any future issues are going to be addressed by MG. I’m hoping this isn’t the start of more things to come. I’m interested to know if warranty covered your vehicle in UK.
They were happy to fix it under warranty for me. No questions asked.

Has it actually snapped something or has it flexed and pulled out of the end?
If it's the latter it might flex and clip back into place.
It just snapped. A tiny bit of plastic fell down.

Flimsy overall interior build quality.? Mine is showing some very good build quality...
No. Overall interior build quality is fine. It’s just that the plastic part that runs across the dashboard that houses the AC vent flaps seems a bit flimsy.
The feel when you use the indicator stalk is also cheap. All the door handles are not firm. If you shake them gently up and down you can see it moves slightly. Not sure if that is by design as that part has to move right. The two rear spoiler on the trophy also not firm.

I've not heard of this happening before, sounds pretty rare. It is always possible to be unlucky and get the car that has the part with the fault/weakness.

The dealer should fix it. The car is not fit for purpose if a part breaks in the first few days.

I don't know the laws there but pretty much anything that goes wrong in the first 30 days here is the dealer's responsibility to fix, no questions asked.

I've not heard of this happening before, sounds pretty rare. It is always possible to be unlucky and get the car that has the part with the fault/weakness.

The dealer should fix it. The car is not fit for purpose if a part breaks in the first few years.

I don't know the laws there but pretty much anything that goes wrong in the first 30 days here is the dealer's responsibility to fix, no questions asked.
Yeah. They ordered the part and fixed it, all of which took 6 weeks.

Glad to see it's been sorted.
TBH, I've never been a "vent fidler"
Set and forget.
I moved my vents once on the day I bought it, and there they have stayed.

Really quite pleased with the interior build quality as well.
Coming from an Audi Etron, which was built beautifully, you might think I'd be pulling my hair out. (IMPOSSIBLE! Bald as a Coot.)
This car (ref My X Power) cost half the price of the Audi, and of course, I can see where the cost savings were made.
But overall, taking into consideration what I have paid, I think they have done a great job for the price.👍

And not forgetting we paid through the nose for it in the UK (as usual🤣)

Glad to see it's been sorted.
TBH, I've never been a "vent fidler"
Set and forget.
I moved my vents once on the day I bought it, and there they have stayed.

Really quite pleased with the interior build quality as well.
Coming from an Audi Etron, which was built beautifully, you might think I'd be pulling my hair out. (IMPOSSIBLE! Bald as a Coot.)
This car (ref My X Power) cost half the price of the Audi, and of course, I can see where the cost savings were made.
But overall, taking into consideration what I have paid, I think they have done a great job for the price.👍

And not forgetting we paid through the nose for it in the UK (as usual🤣)
Totally agree about the build quality. Me too doesn’t fiddle with vent flaps often. It was just the first time i tried to set it in position for me and it snapped 😳

The dealer should fix it. The car is not fit for purpose if a part breaks in the first few days.

That was how I thought about it to. It wasn’t like I did anything that I wasn’t supposed to. I actually like the car, I am thinking that perhaps this will be an issue for all MG4. I have made A complaint through Fair Trading NSW and requested that it be repaired. I am eager to hear if they even get a response from the dealer. The way the dealer has reacted is very strange.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back