2022 After Market Mud Flaps ZSEV

These are a perfect fit for the MK2 Facelift MG ZS EV. I read on another thread that the MK1 dont fit at the back but the front do.

I ended up ordering the wrong set the first time so have learnt the hard way, but at least I didnt spend a fortune on them!

I remember seeing something similar to this on another thread but made this so others can tell the difference between the 2 models.

On the MK2 (Facelift) the read mudflaps have a longer section at the bottom before they start to curve, which is why the MK1 dont fit as its only a short straight secion at the bottom, the image shows it better than I can explain.

Attachments

• mudflaps.jpg
    mudflaps.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 89
I've just looked at where the mudguards fit, and it appears that my 2022 MY Facelift Trophy ZSLR doesn't have as many screws holding the trim as the mudflaps have holes! They fit physically, but I guess I'm going to have to take the wheels off & drill a couple of extra holes per mudflap to fit them.

mgrear.JPG

mgfront.JPG

I've just looked at where the mudguards fit, and it appears that my 2022 MY Facelift Trophy ZSLR doesn't have as many screws holding the trim as the mudflaps have holes! They fit physically, but I guess I'm going to have to take the wheels off & drill a couple of extra holes per mudflap to fit them.

View attachment 16208

View attachment 16209
The Front are ok to install as you can move the wheels left or right. I have a right angled drill attachment that I was able to put a screwdriver bit into so i didn't have to take the rear wheels off. I just put the screw into the plastic trim and let it self tap where there are no holes in the mudflap. Apparently trying to take the wheel covers off to remove the wheels is a nightmare and you risk breaking the wheel cover at the same time so wanted to avoid that.

The Front are ok to install as you can move the wheels left or right. I have a right angled drill attachment that I was able to put a screwdriver bit into so i didn't have to take the rear wheels off. I just put the screw into the plastic trim and let it self tap where there are no holes in the mudflap. Apparently trying to take the wheel covers off to remove the wheels is a nightmare and you risk breaking the wheel cover at the same time so wanted to avoid that.

Thanks for that, I didn’t realise the extra screws just self tapped into the plastic trim. The “Chinglish” instructions are worse than useless, but Ive since found a couple of you tube videos showing that method. I’ve also bought a flexible drill adaptor (£2.99!) which will as you say, make it unnecessary to take the wheels off. Just need a sunny day now!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom