2022 video

A software update and a different plastic front!

Attachments

• cb9b94dc4a02ba43900d07d8f16d3110c3375bf69dfd17b7cb765c80dd0e58c5.jpg
    cb9b94dc4a02ba43900d07d8f16d3110c3375bf69dfd17b7cb765c80dd0e58c5.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 122
I'm afraid I got bored with watching the video.
It does seem a mid term makeover rather than an entirely new model (does look smart though)
I understood this one will be a lot slower than the current model is the any information later in the clip?I

I'm afraid I got bored with watching the video.
It does seem a mid term makeover rather than an entirely new model (does look smart though)
I understood this one will be a lot slower than the current model is the any information later in the clip?I
No further info later in the inside clip, although I did fast forward it a bit.

It's definitely a facelift, just like the ZS but with, imo, significant upgrades on spec.

Not sure how it can be any slower as I thought it has the same motor, battery pack and range as the current iteration.

Personally I think the facelift is more effective than the ZS. However there is a lack of brand design consistency across the range and I assume the MG5 is a Roewe simply rebadged MG for some markets. Don’t understand why MG do not use the ZR/ZS/ZT naming to keep it simple, logical and some degree of historical reference.

Personally I think the facelift is more effective than the ZS. However there is a lack of brand design consistency across the range and I assume the MG5 is a Roewe simply rebadged MG for some markets. Don’t understand why MG do not use the ZR/ZS/ZT naming to keep it simple, logical and some degree of historical reference.
I thought the MG5 has always been known to be a rebadged Roewe, as is the Marvel R, dunno about the ZS but I would imagine that is too.

I wasn’t sure how well known the Roewe (Rover….) link was with modern MG owners. Having done a search there are various Roewe SUV’s which superficially differ but probably share platforms and under the skin structures with the ZS and HS.

I'd have to take the MG badge off the front and stick on the charging point flap!
This is my thinking, when you can see they've had to keep the charge socket and flap in place and just moved the badge...nice update with the app though, like the new lights, not that bothered about the new shape bumper, not enough to temp me into an early swap.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom