2022 ZS EV LED Bulbs

sgt4hed

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have been on a little bit of a journey trying to identify what bulbs I need to upgrade everything so that it is LED and here is what I have found.

Rear indicator - WY16W
This bulbs is amber coloured and the standard one looks like a 501 capless that has been put on a weight gain diet. The bulb suggested below states that no external resistor is needed to prevent "fast flash" and will not generate a "bulb out" error.

Reverse light - W16W
This bulb is the same in appearance and size as the indicator bulb only it is clear. The below bulb is canbus safe and will not generate an error.

Amazon product ASIN B07CMYK2D9
Mirror Indicator - (T10) 501

Bulb is a standard 501 capless (common in halogen headlamp sidelights) but in amber colour. I haven't suggested one as there are soooo many out there at various price points.

Number Plate Bulb - (T10) 501

Like the Mirror indicators this also uses a standard 501, only this one in white. There are literally thousands of these available so pick any, as long as it's canbus safe you'll be fine.

Load Space Lamp - C10W (264 Festoon)

The cylinder shape lamps with the pointed terminals on either end, commonly available and in various colours, being an interior bulb you are not restricted to just white so knock yourself out and be creative. You can also get LED strips that connect via a 264 adapter to give even more light in this area.

Now I think the following only applies to the SE model specification but I may be wrong as I have LEDs in this area already.

Interior Lamp - (T10) 501

Again, knock yourself out with regards to colour, this is just a standard 501 bulb and I don't think you need to worry about canbus for this bulb either.

I have been on a little bit of a journey trying to identify what bulbs I need to upgrade everything so that it is LED and here is what I have found.

Rear indicator - WY16W
This bulbs is amber coloured and the standard one looks like a 501 capless that has been put on a weight gain diet. The bulb suggested below states that no external resistor is needed to prevent "fast flash" and will not generate a "bulb out" error.

Reverse light - W16W
This bulb is the same in appearance and size as the indicator bulb only it is clear. The below bulb is canbus safe and will not generate an error.

Amazon product ASIN B07CMYK2D9
Mirror Indicator - (T10) 501

Bulb is a standard 501 capless (common in halogen headlamp sidelights) but in amber colour. I haven't suggested one as there are soooo many out there at various price points.

Number Plate Bulb - (T10) 501

Like the Mirror indicators this also uses a standard 501, only this one in white. There are literally thousands of these available so pick any, as long as it's canbus safe you'll be fine.

Load Space Lamp - C10W (264 Festoon)

The cylinder shape lamps with the pointed terminals on either end, commonly available and in various colours, being an interior bulb you are not restricted to just white so knock yourself out and be creative. You can also get LED strips that connect via a 264 adapter to give even more light in this area.

Now I think the following only applies to the SE model specification but I may be wrong as I have LEDs in this area already.

Interior Lamp - (T10) 501

Again, knock yourself out with regards to colour, this is just a standard 501 bulb and I don't think you need to worry about canbus for this bulb either.
Does the mk 2 have canbus or bulb error reporting? Mk1 doesn't...

Does the mk 2 have canbus & bulb error reporting? Mk1 doesn't...
You know what, I don't actually know... I always buy canbus safe these days just out of habit. I will unplug one of the bulbs later and report back with my findings... if it doesn't then that makes the search for bulbs a lot easier and slightly cheaper... though with the indicators you will still need one with a resistor internal so you dont get fast flashing turn signals.

You know what, I don't actually know... I always buy canbus safe these days just out of habit. I will unplug one of the bulbs later and report back with my findings... if it doesn't then that makes the search for bulbs a lot easier and slightly cheaper... though with the indicators you will still need one with a resistor internal so you dont get fast flashing turn signals.
👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom