2022 ZS - Stopping charge/releasing cable

Hotlush

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Can anyone fortunate enough to have a new ZS confirm if you can stop a charge and release the cable using the key fob 2 press method, or is the only way to stop it from the infotainment screen?

Can anyone fortunate enough to have a new ZS confirm if you can stop a charge and release the cable using the key fob 2 press method, or is the only way to stop it from the infotainment screen?
not sure about the key fob method but can stop it from the app, id try itfor you if the car wasnt at the dealers :D

Attachments

• 5239A7A5-1E83-4AF8-AEF7-A6656B13C6F9.jpeg
    5239A7A5-1E83-4AF8-AEF7-A6656B13C6F9.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 117
On a similar charging subject, I notice that when I plug in the tethered cable from my wall box, there is a slight delay ( the hand shake ) then it automatically starts charging from that point, even though I have not pressed the “Start Charging” button on the App.
If I want to stop the charge, I have to go back into the App and ask it to “Finishing Charging”.
Which works fine, but it does work differently than our previous ZS EV.
Is the only way to avoid this, is by setting up a delayed scheduled in the App or head unit ?.

On a similar charging subject, I notice that when I plug in the tethered cable from my wall box, there is a slight delay ( the hand shake ) then it automatically starts charging from that point, even though I have not pressed the “Start Charging” button on the App.
If I want to stop the charge, I have to go back into the App and ask it to “Finishing Charging”.
Which works fine, but it does work differently than our previous ZS EV.
Is the only way to avoid this, is by setting up a delayed scheduled in the App or head unit ?.
i do not have a wall box but use the charger in work which i would think works the same, so yes basically you can schedule the charge, or use the app or infotainment system to stop the charge 👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom