3 clicks, wait ages, charge cancels as it starts

Yeah - Now you mention it, I have seen only one blue 71 plate facelift model on the road.
It must have been one of the first X Demo Trophy Connect models 👍.
Sounding like a Gen 1 original model then ?.
The quoted 170 miles of predicted range, through me a bit of course ?.
Trips not reset in a while I suspect at this time of the year.
It’s been a long day !.
Then that 170 should be a lot lower if a MK1?

Having to "do a CSI" to find out what the op is driving is starting to be a "feature" of these threads 🙄🙄...

71 plate could be last of the old shape, start of the new face lift model ??.
Op not aware of any delay / timer features, would maybe suggest a Gen 1 model then ?.
Has the car got the larger black / chrome lift up grill, that exposes the charge port socket behind, or does the car have the much smaller body coloured hinged, charge port door set into the front bumper cover ?.
Do you have the MG Ismart App on your phone that will allow you to control features of the car.
If not, just to clarify you then have the original Gen 1 ZS EV model and NOT the Gen 2 facelift model.
It helps to know what model we are dealing with here 👍.
It's the mk1... you have to push the middle grill in to access the charger, so I'm saying it's pre face-lift, due to it not having the face-lift range of 273 miles.

so I'm saying it's pre face-lift, due to it not having the face-lift range of 273 miles
The Gen 1 model of the ZS EV only came in one single HV battery size, the Gen 2 model came in TWO battery sizes.
Standard range and long range, standard range has a WLTP range of approx 198 ( ish ) miles, while the long range is approx 273 ( ish ) miles.
Two different pack sizes and two completely different types of battery chemistry, which as a slightly different charging protocol in the SOC fields.
This is why it is a good idea to state your model type ( Gen 1 or Gen 2 ) when asking for help.
The answer you require can be different, to suit your model.
Some members have owned both Gen 1 & Gen 2 models and therefore have experience in both fields.
Quick reference point, large pop up MG badge with black and silver grill, Gen 1 model single size battery pack.
Also, if it HAS a sun roof, it’s an exclusive model, no sun roof, it’s an excite model.
Of course there are many other differences, but this is a quick point of reference 👍.

If it's the cable lock that's stuck, look under the bonnet for the release cable and give it a wiggle to release it.

BP Pulse, 50kw ccs, after the first 2 green ticks, there's a series of clicking noises, 3 of them, similar to that of a cricket rubbing it's legs together.

I then wait 15 or 20 seconds, at which point the charge starts, but immediately shuts down.

I can get a charge using the type 2 socket, but after waiting for 90 seconds, it had not registered 0.10 of a kW, and I'm not sitting in my car till 3am tomorrow morning.

Anybody else had this issue? If so... what gives???

I've got a 60 mile range, and every unit I try does the same thing.
Mine has done the exact same thing since it was delivered to me.

Booked in with the dealer for next week.

Dealer also confirmed that DC charge check is not part of the PDI.

Figures

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom