Can’t charge via DC

markl

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all
A bit of a mystery and I wonder if anyone has experienced anything similar.
I have leasehired via work an MG EZ.
Prior to delivery it had some sort of software glitch ( not given reason as to what ). We then received vehicle and all was going well till I tried to DC charge via BP Pulse. Completely failed to charge saying vehicle not recognised. Then we tried with Instavolt which was successful until it wasn’t. It stopped charging from this system as well. The various support teams continually reset the chargers to no avail.
Overnight when staying at a relatives house we then discovered it wouldn’t charge via a 3 pin overnight either.
After much arguing between various elements of the leasehire group it went into an MG service with around 60 miles left.
We received a call today to say after charging the flat battery?!? It was able to DC charge from POD point 22kw and 50kw.
As well as facing a bill we are left with that feeling of don’t know what your issue is.
I can show a £100 worth of pending transaction attempts to show I couldn’t charge but I’m left confused and not confident things are right.
Any ideas anyone?

I have heard the 12v battery causing some issues but not stopping the HV from charging. Did they swap out the 12v battery?

Well not that I’ve heard. It’s odd they report it flat. It went into the garage all systems running apart from the DC charging failure. So I’m wondering if something had not been clarified in the initial reports

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom