3 phase type 2 cable

Casper82uk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
So I’m currently looking around for a type 2 cable and was wondering if it’s worth investing in 3 phase cable? Or just go with a 1 phase?

I think I'm correct to say that the MG5 only has a Single Phase Onboard AC Charger, if so then there would be little point in buying a 3 phase cable. Assuming you have a 3 Phase supply that you can plug one in to ?

I think I'm correct to say that the MG5 only has a Single Phase Onboard AC Charger, if so then there would be little point in buying a 3 phase cable. Assuming you have a 3 Phase supply that you can plug one in to ?
You are correct, the MG has a 7kW single phase onboard charger, so a 7kW (32A) Type 2 cable is perfect and works equally well at Type2 32A single phase or Type2 32A 3phase charging outlets.

Both the Long Range and Standard Range versions of the MG5 appear to be limited to 6.6kW on AC and 80kW on DC (assuming correctness of the linked info).

I've been looking at this too as realised I have three x 100A fuses in my home but no benefit at this stage.
You can have three chargers - one on each phase!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom