3 week 1500 mile trip in france with my MG4 trophy

Steve class of 69

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Firstly my January 23 trophy behaved perfectly, even in 35 degrees.
France is the place to go in an EV so many charging places and so much cheaper than here.

Top tips from me get a chargemap and Reveo RFID card they make it so easy. The cost of the card is nothing when you can get charged for 30, 24 and even 12 cents per kw/hour.

I did try my Mastercard a couple of times with no success but just used the chargemap card.

Plenty of fast chargers which let me pull 140kw initially and oodles of 50kw which seemed to average 43kw.

Only had 3 occasions when chargers were out so a pretty reliable infrastructure

Tesla also have a lot of supercharger stations open to non Teslas in france so worth having the app on your phone. I have used the chargers in Guildford and worked fine even with a few funny looks from Tesla drivers.

Firstly my January 23 trophy behaved perfectly, even in 35 degrees.
France is the place to go in an EV so many charging places and so much cheaper than here.

Top tips from me get a chargemap and Reveo RFID card they make it so easy. The cost of the card is nothing when you can get charged for 30, 24 and even 12 cents per kw/hour.

I did try my Mastercard a couple of times with no success but just used the chargemap card.

Plenty of fast chargers which let me pull 140kw initially and oodles of 50kw which seemed to average 43kw.

Only had 3 occasions when chargers were out so a pretty reliable infrastructure

Tesla also have a lot of supercharger stations open to non Teslas in france so worth having the app on your phone. I have used the chargers in Guildford and worked fine even with a few funny looks from Tesla drivers.
At least MG4 owners only get funny looks, unlike the death stares ID3 owners get for taking 2 stalls at a Tesla hub.

charged yesterday from 6% to 60% at 67kW in Beauvais on my way to Paris.
Took the scenic route from Calais and forgot to look for chargers. With 40km left on the GoM, I looked up a Lidl charger at 30 euro cent per kWh.
Shell Recharge card working well so far.
6D82A3F0-4D76-4A5A-A279-B127C85A1B6B.jpeg

charged yesterday from 6% to 60% at 67kW in Beauvais on my way to Paris.
Took the scenic route from Calais and forgot to look for chargers. With 40km left on the GoM, I looked up a Lidl charger at 30 euro cent per kWh.
Shell Recharge card working well so far.
View attachment 19724

Shell recharge card. I tried to use mine at an Ionity charger last week and it wouldn't work. I was on the helpline at the time, and the operator said something about it not being activated. I have no idea what I need to do to activate it. Any tips?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back