360 camera delay & sensors

mg4nick

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I'm a bit disappointed with the 360° camera on my MG4 trophy. My wife has a RAV4 PHEV and whenever I switch to reverse the camera comes on in less than 1 second.
With my MG4 it can take up to 5 seconds to come up - and then the way the image is displayed does not help me much with getting as close to the kerb as I'd like (the top down view is rather small and "far" - tucked away on left side of the screen). I've also had quite a few times when the reverse camera didn't start AT ALL (this happens more often if I try to reverse shortly after "starting" the car).
Due to this I'm mostly using the mirrors when I need to do a quick 3 point turn.

Does anyone know if the sensors are active (and able to beep) before the camera comes on?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd imagine the parking sensors are triggered by the same signal (selecting reverse) but are on a different circuit from the cameras. But I have the SE so no cameras so I'm only speculating.

Mine seems OK, comes on in about a second or two 🤷‍♂️ ... My sensors also beep (when close) and I also get a measurement (in cm) to walls etc. on the right hand side of the screen when reversing. Will post a pic later. How old's your car ? Have you checked all the settings in the small little cog wheel ?

This is mine when reversing.

You can see the settings cog near bottom right 👍

IMG_2802.jpeg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video