4.5 miles per KWh achieved tonight on a short trip

Mark Holmes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Really happy that a short drive in to and out of London can get good results in these temperatures

Attachments

• C4B96816-BC75-44B1-950A-E2A95E0EFB52.jpeg
    C4B96816-BC75-44B1-950A-E2A95E0EFB52.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 175
I've got a 155 mile one way trip booked for Sunday......I'm going to try and do it in one hop..:oops:....although there is a rapid charger 3/4 of the way there if I need it....

I only just managed a 120 mile round trip yesterday, outbound on the M25 averaging about 65mph and on the return similar speed. Does that seem to low to anyone ? I had topped up to 100% the night before and normal mode was showing more then the usual 163.

I only just managed a 120 mile round trip yesterday, outbound on the M25 averaging about 65mph and on the return similar speed. Does that seem to low to anyone ? I had topped up to 100% the night before and normal mode was showing more then the usual 163.
That does seem low to me, did you have your HVAC on and what did you achieve as per miles per KWh on the journey counter?

I'm pretty sure the best was around 3.6KWh, HVAC would have been off at the start of the trip and on occasionally to demist on the way back. Over the last month or so I have been conducting long balances with the home charger to see what the pack voltage is and it has hovered between 440 volts and as high as 446 volts.

I have found that motorway travel is not too economical for the ZS. Last week my trip to Surrey and back, some 200 miles each way, the range is about 120 miles.

Yesterday, I did a 60 mile each trip, about half on dual carriageway, and I managed about 140 miles. The non dual carriageway part of the trip was far more economical

I've got a 155 mile one way trip booked for Sunday......I'm going to try and do it in one hop..:oops:....although there is a rapid charger 3/4 of the way there if I need it....
hi chrispydoc i hope it's all down hill,, great for the regen..:unsure:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom