4p/mile - Cheap Motoring

ARealHuman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
As I've almost had my ZS a year now, and with ev.energy now being able to deliver charging stats via my Rolec charger, I thought I'd see how much money I've spent charging the car. Doing my workings out, it seems the cost in electricity used is 4p/mile! Does this sound right with other drivers? It doesn't include any free charging (one or two sessions IIRC) and I don't have an one of those cheap electricity tariffs. I'm also not the most economical driver, but at the same time I don't drive like a lunatic everywhere. Interested in thoughts/comparisons please! :)

As I've almost had my ZS a year now, and with ev.energy now being able to deliver charging stats via my Rolec charger, I thought I'd see how much money I've spent charging the car. Doing my workings out, it seems the cost in electricity used is 4p/mile! Does this sound right with other drivers? It doesn't include any free charging (one or two sessions IIRC) and I don't have an one of those cheap electricity tariffs. I'm also not the most economical driver, but at the same time I don't drive like a lunatic everywhere. Interested in thoughts/comparisons please! :)
Like you I'm not on a special limited/low rate electricity tariff but economy 7 which my total use averages 50/50 split night/day variable rates meaning about 15-16p/kWh. This time of year with average 4.5mkWh means ~ 3.5p/mile but Winter will be more like 4+p/mile so we are both similar.

As an example of savings over ICE driving my son is a recent convert from petrol head to EV he was spending £400/month on petrol. He now gives me £100/month which more than covers his electricity use. I'm happy with that. He's happy with a cost neutral EV that is paid for by his saving in petrol.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom