5 Trophy - DAB stations pausing.

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just picked up our 5 Trophy and is more than we expected. One small issue on the way home from dealers.....

DAB signal is fine but on four occasions in 30 minutes, the radio went silent. Then happened to notice that the station had paused itself for no reason. Pressed the pause/play icon and volume came back.

Strange one but any one else had this anomaly? :unsure:

Or, dropout of the DAB signal? Though I would have thought it should then automatically switch to FM. Though this may depend on the settings for the radio?

In the nearby town to where I live the DAB signal is "patchy", to say the least! Since FM and DAB are subject to different degrees of processing latency it can be very annoying, as the transmitter change happens, to either hear the same short passage of music twice or to hear it skip a few bars!

TA might be a cause :unsure:
DAB signal doesn't drop out, it's the station "pausing" (two veritcal bars
16px-Octicons-playback-pause.svg.png
) Pressing this symbol resumes sound and you get the normal "play" symbol A black isosceles triangle pointing right

The info on the the infotainment system is, to say the least, sadly lacking and basically non existent.

Make sure you turn off the traffic and news alerts. See if you can rule those out as a cause. The pause implies interruption. On the pre-facelift the loss of DAB signal didn't pause playback you merely sit in silence until it picks up again.

I received my MG5 Trophy today and noticed that any notifications that come through on my phone cause the DAB to pause.

I received my MG5 Trophy today and noticed that any notifications that come through on my phone cause the DAB to pause.
Interesting I have had my MG5 Trophy for a couple if weeks now. In general notifications from the phone have returned back to playing the dab radio. there was one time when it did not back to the radio but at the time I was messing around with quite a few voice commands and Siri..

I have seen that big I plug the phone (iPhone) in before turning the car on the radio does not play until I change the src to radio.

Interesting I have had my MG5 Trophy for a couple if weeks now. In general notifications from the phone have returned back to playing the dab radio. there was one time when it did not back to the radio but at the time I was messing around with quite a few voice commands and Siri..

I have seen that big I plug the phone (iPhone) in before turning the car on the radio does not play until I change the src to radio.
There is a setting in Android Auto that automatically switches it to music when it connects, is there a similar setting on the phone for car play ?

There is a setting in Android Auto that automatically switches it to music when it connects, is there a similar setting on the phone for car play ?
I am not aware but I will check.

Currently not causing me a big issue as I just hit the SRC button to enable DAB. I have also set the * wild card button on the steering wheel to activate CarPlay.

i get the same issues but on FM any activity from the phone and it stops the radio think it's to do with bluetooth very annoying

I think I've stopped phone notifications pausing the radio. Ensure the radio is full screen and click the small cog in the top right corner then scroll through the list and ensure all the options are not selected.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom