5LR Power

Edoc16

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
In my humble opinion I don't see any reason apart from turning up the heat in the cabin to use any option other than Eco mode...its torque is amazingly fast and I would suggest using any higher is wheel spin territory. I've never tried sport as I don't see the need but being an old git its maybe a young mans game and I've had my spell at being a numpty ! but its a phenomenal car (especially at the traffic lights)! BTW getting my red coat another professional coating tomorrow to make it even more beautiful!

In my humble opinion I don't see any reason apart from turning up the heat in the cabin to use any option other than Eco mode...its torque is amazingly fast and I would suggest using any higher is wheel spin territory. I've never tried sport as I don't see the need but being an old git its maybe a young mans game and I've had my spell at being a numpty ! but its a phenomenal car (especially at the traffic lights)! BTW getting my red coat another professional coating tomorrow to make it even more beautiful!
Oh heck, must look out the dark set of shades in case I encounter a quad coat red five in my travels. 🤩🤩

Ceramic coating? I got mine coated very shortly after getting the car. Very happy with the results.

I find the steering too light in ECO mode.
When moving from Eco/Normal to Sport, I find it too heavy 🙃

Saying that, I tend to use Normal when I can't be bothered adjusting the mode - maybe also when it's either too hot or cold and I want heating/air con to be at most effective. Otherwise, I pop in Eco when relaxing or Sport when want to go fast.

If you drive at a constant throttle position and toggle from Sport -> Normal -> Eco, you really feel the difference in performance. Don't know if the power of the motor is limited in some modes or if 100% throttle is the same power output in them all - it's just the power at a peddle position which might vary?

I think it affects the torque rather than the power.

We must meet up soon Arch before the shine goes away !
Aye eye - I see - sorry Eddie.
Coffee and a natter sounds fine by me. I’ll try to get my mucky old machine cleaned up a bit to stem the embarrassing jealousy.
Chuck a few dates out and let’s see what suits us and or any other coffee addicts out there.

Aye eye - I see - sorry Eddie.
Coffee and a natter sounds fine by me. I’ll try to get my mucky old machine cleaned up a bit to stem the embarrassing jealousy.
Chuck a few dates out and let’s see what suits us and or any other coffee addicts out there.
Meez getting my cataracts done on Monday so week after next ?

Best wishes with the op for Monday Eddie.
Are you fixed up for transportation OK there and back ??
My Darling Wife Who Always Obeys Me (an acronym from a parallel universe) is having a top up booster of the elixir of anti covid life on Thursday 21/04/22 but any day other than that works for me for coffee indulgence and MG worship.

Best wishes with the op for Monday Eddie.
Are you fixed up for transportation OK there and back ??
My Darling Wife Who Always Obeys Me (an acronym from a parallel universe) is having a top up booster of the elixir of anti covid life on Thursday 21/04/22 but any day other than that works for me for coffee indulgence and MG worship.
Very kind of you Archie but all is arranged for my transportation into the dark side ! We had our top-up last week as well so were immune to all incoming dangers (hopefully) :cool:

Sport mode is essential if you ever find yourself at the front of the lights queue alongside a BMW or Audi. It's a fine art maximising acceleration while avoiding wheel spin. If you've never tried it then you've missed out.

Sport mode is essential if you ever find yourself at the front of the lights queue alongside a BMW or Audi. It's a fine art maximising acceleration while avoiding wheel spin. If you've never tried it then you've missed out.
Yeah I see what you’re meaning. But these days I prefer the mental double whammy. I like to grip the wheel, glance over, sneer a bit while giving their wheels a look over.
Then I enjoy that wondrous, satisfyingly superior feeling as I watch them tear off into the yonder - smoking exhaust, noise pollution, the smell of expensive burning clutch and hundreds of other mechanical bits grinding the life out of each other. And the cost of the fluid they’re burning to do it ??
One can be so happily smug gently pulling off the line in an EV costing pennies to run by comparison - knowing that if one had a mind, one could blow him away - effortlessly 😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋

I'm not exactly a Spring Chicken but I do also drive a performance car and like to feel connected with the steering.

Good luck Eddie - hope it goes well.

Let me know if you're planning on a coffee morning, please and I'll see about re-arranging my diary so I can pop along. It'll be good to see you and Archie (and anyone else who was at the first meet up), again :cool:

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom