5LR Power

Hi Arch, I'm just loving this car how it looks how it performs how you can travel on long journeys
without a care were actually thinking of a trip to Skye long time since we've been and just fancy it ....
As far as the eyes are concerned really glad to have the ops done big difference now - Q song by Johnny Nash ! :cool:
Grand news all round there Eddie, glad to hear it. We just enquired this afternoon to see about an escape too. So we got a choice of room - brilliant- didn’t hesitate, booked on the spot. Hundred percent charge and balance gonna happen in a few days to prepare - weather looks good. What more could we want 🤪

Ah right 🤦‍♂️ I got the wrong end of the stick and got the wrong guy 🤣🤣
D3B4376A-87DA-4894-BB99-2850CE4205FB.jpeg

Grand news all round there Eddie, glad to hear it. We just enquired this afternoon to see about an escape too. So we got a choice of room - brilliant- didn’t hesitate, booked on the spot. Hundred percent charge and balance gonna happen in a few days to prepare - weather looks good. What more could we want 🤪
OK then - where you going to young man?

102 glorious miles - easy peasy five throttle squeezy. It’s a hard life 🤪

just outside Oban.
You've just cost me money Mr... :-( due to your booking I've gone and didded the same and now going to Lochaline near Oban (ish) 24-26 May looks great + a very long 5mins ferry trip! and.... 124 cost free miles !
View attachment 8042
It’s a world away View attachment 8043
Just a shame about the rowdy neighbours.
Or is that your planned dinner !

You've just cost me money Mr... :-( due to your booking I've gone and didded the same and now going to Lochaline near Oban (ish) 24-26 May looks great + a very long 5mins ferry trip! and.... 124 cost free miles !

Now that’s another terrific road to Lochaline and a very nice sea cruise across the loch to Fishnish on Mull 👌. We’re planning to get the ferry from Oban as passengers to Craignure on Mull and take the bus to Tobermory with the bus passes for a bit of lunch and a quick look for the Spanish Galleon treasure before catching the bus and ferry back to Oban. Or maybe take the Five to Mull via Craignure and come home via Lochaline ferry and then the Corran ferry and through Glencoe ? Or maybe ?..?
Oh the joy of a Five and free kilowatts to spare.
The Deer ? How could sir - oh yeah - got any juniper berries?? 😋😋

Will you two pack it in ........you're making me extremely jealous.

Hi Arch, I'm just loving this car how it looks how it performs how you can travel on long journeys
without a care were actually thinking of a trip to Skye long time since we've been and just fancy it ....
As far as the eyes are concerned really glad to have the ops done big difference now - Q song by Johnny Nash ! :cool:
One of our many defining moments in finally deleting the diesel from our lives was the u-tube film by Dr Euan McTurk driving his early Nissan Leaf from Edinburgh to and around Skye. This was on his “ Plug Life” channel Where he does a wonderful job of dispelling myths and expounding EV virtues.
The filming of the scenery alone makes another look worthwhile.

Will you two pack it in ........you're making me extremely jealous.
Oh heck and help ma’ boab. Eddie we’ll need to cease these public chats before our private routes through the glens become choked with MGs 🤫 (other more sneerworthy evs are available)

If you insist A, but they are too good to keep secretive.
I agree 🤣
Another fine wee jaunt in the planning for the five -
Our Daughter is going to walk the West Highland Way so needs transport back from Fort William. Oh good - I’ll drive up in the morning and bring her back in the evening. Then the following morning we are going to Oban for our wee jolly trip there.
We’re currently at 84% charge and showing 251 miles range. Before we set off I’ll try the new Granny charger to boost up to 100% and equalise things before setting off. We’ll likely need Granny’s services in Oban and we’ve not used the one in the Five yet so it’s prudent to check it out. The tyres are all good and I’ll check the pressure in the emergency spare today.
Hope there’s not too many folk listening in to these wonderful road tales 🤪🤪

I agree 🤣
Our Daughter is going to walk the West Highland Way so needs transport back from Fort William. Oh good - I’ll drive up in the morning and bring her back in the evening. Then the following morning we are going to Oban for our wee jolly trip there.
We’re currently at 84% charge and showing 251 miles range. Before we set off I’ll try the new Granny charger to boost up to 100% and equalise things before setting off. We’ll likely need Granny’s services in Oban and we’ve not used the one in the Five yet so it’s prudent to check it out. The tyres are all good and I’ll check the pressure in the emergency spare today.
I can still hear you :D

I agree 🤣
Speaking of tyre pressures, I treated my car to a tyre inflator yesterday - I just need a frunk now to keep it, the granny charger, battery booster pack, type 2 cable, etc, etc in

Speaking of tyre pressures, I treated my car to a tyre inflator yesterday - I just need a frunk now to keep it, the granny charger, battery booster pack, type 2 cable, etc, etc in
DId your car not come with one along with the gunk stuff for flat tyres ?

I agree 🤣
Hope so as our country needs visitors to boost the economy : anyway, did a home charge last night and came out to check 100% range and it says I have 274 miles to burn ! so we went to Cumbernauld ! :-(
Haven't taken granny out the bag yet never even checked to see if she was still in there. Enjoy the Coe Archie, its so beautiful a trip no matter the weather and it will be graced even more with a red 5LR :cool: driving through it.....

Hope so as our country needs visitors to boost the economy : anyway, did a home charge last night and came out to check 100% range and it says I have 274 miles to burn ! so we went to Cumbernauld ! :-(
Haven't taken granny out the bag yet never even checked to see if she was still in there. Enjoy the Coe Archie, its so beautiful a trip no matter the weather and it will be graced even more with a red 5LR :cool: driving through it.....
Aye we’re bringing in an American in a few weeks but she’s my Granddaughter and no doubt she’ll spend a bunch of money - - -mine🤩🤩🤩!!
I’ve just found Granny nestling in her fancy wee MG case and plugged her in to the power via my new extension cable. We’re on off peak power from one pm til four pm so every little helps.

I’ve just found Granny nestling in her fancy wee MG case and plugged her in to the power via my new extension cable. We’re on off peak power from one pm til four pm so every little helps.
Doncha just love a granny. The 5LR is now sitting with a battery at 100% and the promise of a nice bunch of miles :-
302B14AD-BD2A-409A-954A-18A042D94D8B.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing how that pans out in reality.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom