Is your AC (under the bonnet) noisy or is it the fan noise when auto is set? In Auto the fan starts high then drops as the set temperature is neared.

That seems to be a Trophy bug in one of the newer software updates.

It’s normal to leave the AC on anyway, it keeps the seals lubricated and dehumidifies as well as cooking. Unless it’s 30 outside and you’re wanting 20 in the cabin it takes hardly any power too.

The point is it shouldn't switch it back on. I don't want it on most of the time, it vibrates and opens the grill unnecessarily.

My aircon was extremely noisy, turned out to be slightly low on refrigerant.

on the subject of aircon: is the aircon temperature at the vents as cold on Recirculation as it is using outside air?

My aircon was extremely noisy, turned out to be slightly low on refrigerant.

on the subject of aircon: is the aircon temperature at the vents as cold on Recirculation as it is using outside air?
In my experience (I'm from the Deep Southern part of the US), it should be colder since the air being run through the compressor is already cooler than the outside air.

In my experience (I'm from the Deep Southern part of the US), it should be colder since the air being run through the compressor is already cooler than the outside air.
It's been very cold here since I bought the car. It was difficult to tell any difference between the Aircon on and the Aircon off. Good reason: Discovered that the compressor itself was leaking so there's a new one on order.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back