A Cable Long Enough to Get Around ICEing

Perhaps instead of Arctic you could market this as the "Anaconda" cable then? :ROFLMAO:
I mean arctic is really too flimsy for these applications, hence the H07RN-F, but I do like the picture of the unruly cable being like training a snake haha!

Being a little serious for a moment, IKEA probably have some of the cheapest 'try and see if it works' options:

Starting of course, with the world's best value multi-purpose do anything bag - FRAKTA blue, Carrier bag, large, 71 l - IKEA

This version adds a zip up capability - FRAKTA blue, Trunk for trolley - IKEA

and finally the Dimpa (you can fit a Brompton bike into one of these, let alone an errant charging cable) - DIMPA transparent, Storage bag, 65x22x65 cm - IKEA

I can vouch for all of these, we use them all in various storage and transport purposes and they are unbeatable at the price.
I've always been going on aliexpress for cable caddy bags, but this is a good shout! :)

All prices including VAT:
  • 25 metres 4 core 2.5 mm H07RN-F
    • £61.20
  • Type 2 Cable Ends
    • Male £32.51
    • Female £45.53
    • Shipping 6.72
  • Resistor 19p

It's a bit hard to price the cost of solder and shrink insulation, tbh.

This comes out to about £146.15.

Including the the yellow PVC electrical tape for cosmetics brings it up less than £2 as I used 1.5 rolls and each was about £1.

The only tool I didn't already have on hand before starting was the hydraulic crimper, but it's not a consumable. (£36.99)
I know its been a long time since this was posted, but I tripped and put my hand out and pulled a couple of the wires out of the socket (which stays plugged into my charger) I have tried to repair, but every time I turn the charger on I get red light fault warning. I have circuit tested one end to the other and all seems fine! perhaps the Resister has "blown" any hepl/advise would be most gratefull.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom