A new Software glitch!

Deleted member 14300

Reaction score
A new fault that isn't Lane Killer! This car won't stop giving me these gifts and I've told it not to, it's going, anyways...

I have a latest firmware for the Infotainment and I on the whole like it. HVAC is sorted and I have the new options for the Left hand convenience button on the wheel.
I configured it for Drive mode so I can flip between Sport, Custom and Snow. It's worked like a charm it really has been a good option till yesterday. I've had it on this for two weeks and I went to sport mode, parked at the chemists and when I returned, got going and the button had stopped working. In the settings screen the options had been erased and it was back to initial install. I'd literally used it 5 mins previously.

Try doing it with Tremor. It's one in 47 chance of hitting it.

Don't worry, I laugh about it, all I can do.

A new fault that isn't Lane Killer! This car won't stop giving me these gifts and I've told it not to, it's going, anyways...

I have a latest firmware for the Infotainment and I on the whole like it. HVAC is sorted and I have the new options for the Left hand convenience button on the wheel.
I configured it for Drive mode so I can flip between Sport, Custom and Snow. It's worked like a charm it really has been a good option till yesterday. I've had it on this for two weeks and I went to sport mode, parked at the chemists and when I returned, got going and the button had stopped working. In the settings screen the options had been erased and it was back to initial install. I'd literally used it 5 mins previously.
Mine's the same . RH button is fine . Left one no good .
Oh and now it routinely forgets my phone is plugged in when I come back to the car so I have to disconnect and reconnect it to get Android auto back .
Before, it would lose the phone shortly after I restarted the car or just randomly during a drive . I suppose it's consistent now!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had those issues with my Exclusive (Trophy). It was the latest sw but the dealer reset everything to factory defaults earlier this month and reinstalled it, no problems since!
Except for the headlights on alert..which only tells you that you left them on when you get back into the car 🙄

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back