AA Recovery

rogerco

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I read on the MG website and here that 12 months AA recovery is included from date of first registration. Someone mentioned they had a card in the wallet with the manual. I haven't got one with mine - it was an ex demo car with 490 miles on it - do I need the card if I need to call them, or do I just phone the number and give the vehicle reg. ie does the card have a unique code in which case I need the dealer to find it?

Take a look here: Roadside Assistance

If you need recovery you can phone MG UK Breakdown Assistance: 0800 072 3338

I didn't have a card either. I phoned them up and checked my registration and they confirmed I was covered.

I read on the MG website and here that 12 months AA recovery is included from date of first registration. Someone mentioned they had a card in the wallet with the manual. I haven't got one with mine - it was an ex demo car with 490 miles on it - do I need the card if I need to call them, or do I just phone the number and give the vehicle reg. ie does the card have a unique code in which case I need the dealer to find it?
As others have said, you don’t need the card as AA apparently have details of all MG cars on cover. I was supplied with a card which I slot into the card slots on the ZS below the mirror switch (not sure on the MG5). That way anyone who drives the car has the contact details for the AA. I would ask your dealer to send you a card. There is also an AA app of you want to go the whole hog!

(y) thanks all.

I created an adhesive label and put it inside my glovebox since my car came with no AA information

Attachments

• D4530741-A4A7-4F3B-A710-9A1E3B00CBCA.jpeg
    D4530741-A4A7-4F3B-A710-9A1E3B00CBCA.jpeg
    458.4 KB · Views: 190
They've got your registration number on record. It's renewed after every service with an MG dealer, like mine was. I know it works because I've been recovered when my car failed to charge when I was away from home.

I had a courtesy call from my dealer yesterday as I didn't receive any information about the AA cover when I picked up the car in March.

He confirmed that AA cover is provided but said that it is basic cover so worth taking out more comprehensive cover independently.

He is also going to check with MG to see if there are any information packs they should be providing regarding the AA cover as he has never seen any.

What information were the rest of you given about the cover?

I had a courtesy call from my dealer yesterday as I didn't receive any information about the AA cover when I picked up the car in March.

He confirmed that AA cover is provided but said that it is basic cover so worth taking out more comprehensive cover independently.

He is also going to check with MG to see if there are any information packs they should be providing regarding the AA cover as he has never seen any.

From the mg website (link above):

This package will cover the vehicle for the whole of the UK (including Homestart, Roadside Assistance, Recovery and Onward Mobility cover). It’s a really comprehensive package to offer you reassurance and peace of mind. The details of your cover can be found here.

I was told the very same thing when we collected our car.
It was only basic cover of road side assistance, because of this I decided to upgraded my level of cover, on a deal through my car insurance company.
It now appears that the AA cover supplied is actually the higher level of cover that includes recovery !.
So, due to incorrect information issued by the dealer ( once again ) I now have paid twice in affect to get the same level of cover for our car !.
A quick call to the AA to enquire about your level of cover, should put your mind at rest.
You need cover that will includes flat bed facility, the basic “Roadside Assistance” does not cover a flat bed service or a visit to your home address.
I think the AA call it “Relay / Recovery” and “Home Start” to visit your home address.
This is more expensive again.
Other members have required the services of the AA to get recovered or a visit to their home address, and the AA have obliged.
This would indicate the level of cover provided is very high.

It's the same full cover you used to get for the first year with new BL/Rover cars from the late 70s on.

My dealer went through the cover almost 3 years ago when I bought my ZS ICE. It was renewed every year when the car was serviced and is a great benefit. Luckily I have not had to use it.

I heard an advert on the radio this morning for AA EV cover. They are saying that they have more EV trained technicians than anyone else Which is good to know.

Hybrid and electric vehicle cover from our expert mobile mechanics​

Drive an electric vehicle or hybrid car? Our breakdown cover includes EV and hybrid vehicles, with no extra premium to pay. You'll be reassured to know that our trained experts are on hand to help you at the roadside if you break down. We'll come out whether you drive a hybrid, a plug-in hybrid or a battery electric vehicle.

• Battery run out? We'll tow you to a charging point or your destination – whichever's nearer.
  • Our trusty mechanics are High Voltage Awareness trained – so you're in safe hands.
  • We'll repair all other faults as standard.
You can also find your nearest charging point with our handy app. Choose from more than 500 hook-ups, which can be filtered by connection type, to find the right one for your vehicle.

Check your car is on AA system as mine wasn’t ! Dealer had to verify all was well with AA when I had a problem. Happened nearly out of dealer hours.

So my dealer doesn't know what he is talking about.
I would not be the first time !.
Ask the dealer to verify the facts regarding the level of AA cover provided with the car.
These people should know what they are selling at least ??????.
Better still, ring the AA first and check if your car is showing on the AA's system ( the dealer could have screwed that up well ) while on the phone, ask the advisor to clarify your level of cover, then ring the dealer and educate into the correct facts.

Well if you need the AA I hope you get better service than I did 2 weeks ago.

I was in my classic car which boiled over. After waiting 5 hours with no show, we hired our own breakdown truck for £60 for the 5 mile trip home. Being an Auto it was not worth risking wrecking the gearbox by towing it.

They later apologised and sent me £50. I have not renewed my membership!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom