AA Recovery

Well if you need the AA I hope you get better service than I did 2 weeks ago.

I was in my classic car which boiled over. After waiting 5 hours with no show, we hired our own breakdown truck for £60 for the 5 mile trip home. Being an Auto it was not worth risking wrecking the gearbox by towing it.

They later apologised and sent me £50. I have not renewed my membership!
£50 is an insult, you would think they would at least cover the cost of your recovery.
The AA has never been the same since Centrica took them over in the 90s.

I had a courtesy call from my dealer yesterday as I didn't receive any information about the AA cover when I picked up the car in March.

He confirmed that AA cover is provided but said that it is basic cover so worth taking out more comprehensive cover independently.

He is also going to check with MG to see if there are any information packs they should be providing regarding the AA cover as he has never seen any.

What information were the rest of you given about the cover?
My dealer told me it was a full cover but when try to log online my car wasn't registered yet, I had to call and they told me it was only a basic cover I had to pay £6/ month to have a decent one and it's without home start which would have cost an another £4/month that I wasn't ready to pay 😢

My dealer told me it was a full cover but when try to log online my car wasn't registered yet, I had to call and they told me it was only a basic cover I had to pay £6/ month to have a decent one and it's without home start which would have cost an another £4/month that I wasn't ready to pay 😢
Other members in the U.K. have reported that the AA cover is at the higher level.
Including recovery & home start.
I have not tried it yet, so I can not verify sorry 😢!.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom