Abnormal tyre pressure

I've had this recently, so ended up pumping them to 2.8 like it says on manual and then the bit I had to figure out was that I had to drive over 20miles can't remember figure for about 10 minutes, then it went away. But still get different readings on the tyres from the sensor, just leaving it for a few more days if like will reach out to MG garage.

I keep getting an alarm up on my phone of abnormal tyre pressures on both front tyres iv checked pressure on both and ok,
2022 ZS EV any ideas?
Do the readings on the App match the TPMS readings on the dash board of the car ?.
I know if you disconnect the negative battery terminal on the 12 volt battery, then leave disconnected for about 15 minutes, then reconnect it will zero out all of the readings for the TPMS on the dash board.
When you reboot the car and check the tyre pressures in the menu, it will show NO readings just "Dashes" where the pressures would be displayed.
The TPMS then has to go through a "Relearning" process from the sensors WHEN the car is on the move.
I discovered this when I totally removed my 12 volt battery from the car on our Trophy LR a few months ago.
When I used the car the following day, the tyre pressure readings reappeared after about 5 - 10 miles of driving.

Do the readings on the App match the TPMS readings on the dash board of the car ?.
I know if you disconnect the negative battery terminal on the 12 volt battery, then leave disconnected for about 15 minutes, then reconnect it will zero out all of the readings for the TPMS on the dash board.
When you reboot the car and check the tyre pressures in the menu, it will show NO readings just "Dashes" where the pressures would be displayed.
The TPMS then has to go through a "Relearning" process from the sensors WHEN the car is on the move.
I discovered this when I totally removed my 12 volt battery from the car on our Trophy LR a few months ago.
When I used the car the following day, the tyre pressure readings reappeared after about 5 - 10 miles of driving.
Why did you remove the 12v battery on your new ZS? Just curious 😁

Why did you remove the 12v battery on your new ZS? Just curious 😁
When we first bought our Gen 1 ZS EV - I decided to invest in a CTEK 12 volt smart battery charger ( similar to the one in the photo below ).
It already comes with the normal crocodile clamps that you attach to the battery, but they sell a quick connect / disconnect loom for a £5 ( see photo below ).
As you can see, the loom has purpose built eye let connectors on one end and a quick connect / disconnect weather proof socket on the other.
You connect the positive eye let to the positive terminal of the 12 volt battery and they recommend that you connect the negative eye let to a main earth return post on the body shell.
When this is installed, you can quickly connect the charger to the car without using them crocodile clamps that can fly off.
Most manufacturers recommend this type of connection process for jump starting a car also ( If they have the facility.)
You could connect both eyelets direct to the terminals if you wanted too, but this not reccomended by CTEK.
One of the main multi earth / grounding posts for the ZS EV ( Gen1 & Gen 2 ) is located right behind the battery on the N/S/F suspension strut mounting, right behind the battery.
Removing the nut to install the eye let is difficult with battery still in place, so I removed it.
When we sold the Gen1 - I removed it and installed it on out Gen 2.

That is the full back story !

CTEK Charger 2022-09-24 at 13.09.01.png

CTEK Loom 2022-09-24 at 13.07.05.png

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom