ac air filter

john andersen

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Any that has changed or know what the ac air filter is ? and if it is possible to change it for a better filter that can remove some of the diesel smells from other cars ?

Any that has changed or know what the ac air filter is ? and if it is possible to change it for a better filter that can remove some of the diesel smells from other cars ?
Do you use recirc if exterior smells are bothering you?

It was on when i got the car, but i tend to keep recirc off, to keep the mist down in the car. Were just wondering if any had changed the filter to a better one ? and if it has helped.

It was on when i got the car, but i tend to keep recirc off, to keep the mist down in the car. Were just wondering if any had changed the filter to a better one ? and if it has helped.
There should only be misting with recirc if you have the ac switched off (unless outside temp is below 5 degrees and then the ac isn’t working anyway). I‘ve seen many claims for cabin air filters, never found one yet that stops diesel smell ingress which is why I leave the ac on and use recirc when needed. The MG4 will use recirc “depending on the situation” when you select auto recirculation (p90 of manual) but like other automatic features on this car it seems a bit dim witted hence I select manual recirc when needed, the rest of the time I leave it in auto recirc with ac on.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back