ACC - Not able to turn off!

regnak23

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I had a weird experience last week - was on a dual carriageway using cruise control and after pressing a few of the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel vigorously for one reason or another I found i was unable to turn off cruise control entirely. I could adjust the desired speed and it followed the car in front but without using the pedals I was driving without control over my cruise control!! I was shortly exiting anyway and the brake worked to take me out of the locked in cruise control but just wondered if anyone else had this experience? I'm driving a Long Range Excite/SE. Thanks.

Pressing the brake pedal should always take you out of ACC. Are you saying that pressing the left hand steering wheel button with the steering wheel symbol did not cancel ACC?

Note that using the accelerator does not cancel ACC.

Not happened to me but as above a very quick dab of the brakes should always cancel it.

Couldn't you also have reduced the ACC set speed to the absolute minimum so that in effect ACC was not used and overriden by you on the accelerator, putting you back in control?

The brake pedal was my out and worked fine. That left hand steering wheel button was the issue. Was able to get it turned off by using the main console and disabling the whole ACC/traffic assist system until I had a chance to get home and review.
Good idea about setting the minimum speed so I had to use the pedals to drive....

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back