ACC Tip

MoDolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I don't know if anybody else has noticed this but if cruise control is set then lightly pressing the accelerator pedal disables regen whilst it's pressed.

This makes it much smoother when approaching a slower car and can also be used to allow the car to coast down hills.

Obviously it's not always appropriate to close the distance or gain a few mph down hills but sometimes it is.

But be aware also that pressing the throttle pedal also pauses forward vehicle detection ... you can tell because the vehicle in front disappears from the left-hand side of the driver display whilst you're pressing. As soon as you release it reappears. :)

Last edited:
I've not gone close enough to the vehicle in front to see what it'll do ... I tend to use this technique to counteract the software slowing the car for bends in the road. :)

That's why I posted about it, because it's counterintuitive but useful. It does kind of defeat the point of cruise control if your holding your foot on the pedal but makes it much smoother when the person in front is constantly slowing down and speeding up by a couple of mph as happens in roadwork sections.

I always have the distance set to the maximum so closing the gap by a couple of meters is usually ok.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back