Acc unavailable suddenly

halogen

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I was crusing normal with acc and lane keep assist etc. Suddenly mid gave out yellow warnings...wow really

Attachments

• 20231009_115324.jpg
    20231009_115324.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 165
Windscreen and camera and radar is clean too I just stopped and check. Before I took the photos about 15mins after reporting this in forum the problem solved itself... weird...I'm reading the zs forum have similar problem..

Attachments

• 20231009_122258.jpg
    20231009_122258.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 20231009_122253.jpg
    20231009_122253.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 129
Windscreen and camera and radar is clean too I just stopped and check. Before I took the photos about 15mins after reporting this in forum the problem solved itself... weird...I'm reading the zs forum have similar problem..
Glad it's cleared itself.

Just for information the camera below the MG badge is for the 360 parking view only, the LKA, road sign recognition camera etc is at the top of the windscreen in the centre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right after . I drove back on the highway...15 min of using the cc it happened again... I didn't check the windscreen. Its the one on top of the rear view mirror right?

Edit: it corrected itself again mid driving..

Attachments

• 20231009_133845.jpg
    20231009_133845.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 146
Glad its cleared itself.

Just for information the camera below the MG badge is for the 360 parking view only, the LKA, road sign recognition camera etc is at the top of the windscreen in the centre.
Ok I have a theory. But I think it's something that causing these acc features not working mid driving.
If u look at my original post pictures... I was driving under another toll road and I was driving under it in the shade... the first time I encountered the error and then it corrected itself...parked the car.turned off and on the acc features were back to normal.
Then when I drove back...
Same thing happened...drive in the shade under the toll road.
Then when the problem corrected itself...I realized....I wasn't under the shade or the toll road above anymore... just plain under the sky...
Could it be the sensors were screwed because I was driving under the shade...the toll road above ran about 40km...
It's a long shot but I think that's what's turning the features off...
After it corrected the second time . There was no error...

Could it be the sensors were screwed because I was driving under the shade...
It's certainly possible that you have a temperature sensitive intermittent fault. Indonesia is probably a lot hotter than the engineers' offices and testing tracks in China.

If you're keen, you might be able to figure something out using a source of heat or cold. I'd usually use a hair dryer for heat, but you need to be very careful not to damage delicate components in the windscreen and things attached to it, so I'd find something far gentler.

Also possibly something like Rain·x Anti-fog, someone mentioned it recently in another post. I have no idea if that's available in your area.

I had my other EV's windscreen replaced recently (it's a 2012 Nissan Leaf). They installer was saying that the rain sensors cost around AU$500 (US$320, UK£260, and if Google isn't kidding me, about 5 million Rupiah). We was very worried because he couldn't get it to work on the new windscreen, but said it might come good in the sun in a few hours. It didn't, but came good about 2 days later, and has been working fine ever since. Windscreens are weird things at times.

I have an MG ZS EV with a similar problem. The acc and the other symptoms you described occur on mine. It happens on a motorway in the same locality within a couple of kilometres in all weather conditions but not every time. It resets when I turn the car off. At the moment no clue what is causing it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 533 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back