Accident repairs?

Gilbotron

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Not seen anything on this yet, but someone just wonderfully drove in to our 6 week old Trophy as I was pulling on to the drive. Passenger door is completely done, but that’s it.

Anyone had the pleasure of an accident repair yet? Wondering if spares are hard to come by and I am going to be off the road for a while, based on some stories around glass availability

I had two off side door panels replaced on my MG5 when it was 9 months old.
It took a few weeks for the parts to come in, luckily the doors would still open. I did have a loan car for the three weeks that it was in the shop but they couldn't loan me an EV put the insurance company did pay the difference between fuel and electricity cost.

It's like asking how long is a bit of string. Hopefully they didn't damage the sill otherwise the insurance might get twitchy about damage to the battery and write it off.

Parts availability hasn't been brilliant lately but you may get lucky.

It's like asking how long is a bit of string. Hopefully they didn't damage the sill otherwise the insurance might get twitchy about damage to the battery and write it off.
well, I was asking based on other experiences, not for an exact estimate…

Looks to just be the door, slight dent in the sill but it seems there is a lot of protection built in to the lower section of the door - there is a LOT of plastic down there

Update on this - just been told I 'might' get the car back this week. They did flag up re-calibrating the wing mirror camera, which having read the stories on the windscreen calibration doesn't fill me with confidence!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back