Account not registered

Jonny Quangfat

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

New to this forum. My next door neighbour has an MG4 EV (owned around May I think) and has successfully been using the iSmart Android app since then. Lately he cannot login and gets the below message. We've tried everything from attempting to re-register the device to powering off phone etc. Reset passwords to account as well. No joy. Any ideas why this is happening?

1000003201.png

Cheers.

Has you checked whether Privacy Notice settings have somehow been changed? It's a long shot but it's worth checking them. Go into the Settings screen and scroll down. Choose Privacy Notice and scroll to the bottom.

That was my problem originally - the SMS confirmation code was never being sent (MG server issue) so I registered using email. Later the mobile system got sorted so I can now sign in using either (with the same password).

That was my problem originally - the SMS confirmation code was never being sent (MG server issue) so I registered using email. Later the mobile system got sorted so I can now sign in using either (with the same password).
And mine 👍

Has you checked whether Privacy Notice settings have somehow been changed? It's a long shot but it's worth checking them. Go into the Settings screen and scroll down. Choose Privacy Notice and scroll to the bottom.
Thanks i wilI will look into this.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately we have already tried both with the same issue.

I also wondered if it was the mobile device (which was recently upgraded) and linked to his old Motorola, but my neighbour said it was working on this new handset before the issue occured.
Its going into the Dealers in a few weeks. We'll see what they say.

Appreciate all of your suggestions.

It's another long shot and I expect you have tried it.
On the phone, from the iSmart menu, choose 'My profile' then 'About' and then 'Delete Account'.
I have never tried this and can take no responsibility if the car goes back to the future.
Good luck.

What does it say in the car under User on the Infotainment screen ?

Is the car still logged in ?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel